Moving out...Can't bring my Stang

So this past weekend, myself and three other guys just put money down on a house that we're going to be moving into August 1st. The house is awesome but there's no garage and only parking for four cars. So it looks like I'm not going to be able to bring my stang along. I guess I'm going to have to keep it in my parents garage which while be about 15 minutes away.

Just wondering how many of you guys don't have your stang with you and have to drive somewhere to work on it/take it out?

• Sponsors (?)

i keep mine in a garage thats 30 min away but the shows and stuff are there so that saves me driveing it there just to drive it home it just sucks when i want to work on it and its soo far away

YEAHLOH95 said:
it just sucks when i want to work on it and its soo far away

Thats what I'm worried about.

I need to get all of my driveability issues worked out before I move. But then again if I keep my membership at my current gym, I'll drive past my parents house everyday after work/gym. I guess I don't have it so bad, I can do a loop between work, parents house, gym and my new house in about 30 minutes.

Anyone have any experience with those canvas garages that you put up in your driveway?

I keep mine at my parent's house which is approx 30 minutes away. It does suck when I want to work on it as the drive to and from allow takes an hour, but with it there I don't have to play musical cars in my driveway/garage.

I've noticed that in alot of diablostang's pics, that he has one of those. My dad's garage is walking distance from my house .... but I'd still like to have one of my own. I'm wondering about those canvas one's too. Wonder if it can withstand 70+ mph winds?

SeventyMach1 said:
I've noticed that in alot of diablostang's pics, that he has one of those. My dad's garage is walking distance from my house .... but I'd still like to have one of my own. I'm wondering about those canvas one's too. Wonder if it can withstand 70+ mph winds?

Yup, I got one. I love it. It's not sealed, so water will get on the floor if t rains hard (draining down the driveway) and a few droplets will blow in the cracks between each "wall" but I couldn't live without it. My car only got wet once inside it, and that was during hurricane. It's never blown down, or been blown around.. I have it tied to my deck though, and staked on the other side.

20 feet long, 10 feet wide, $170 at Northern Tools.

also got a shoplight in the ceiling, and ran air/electric to it. I love it.

garage1.jpg

IMG_7536Medium.jpg

View attachment 460122

Enough pix of my cars? :rolleyes: :D

Attachments

• garage1.jpg
    garage1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_7536Medium.jpg
    IMG_7536Medium.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 80
Yeah those will typically fly away given a good storm. Especially the ones with plastic flange plates. Don't even bother if you live in a storm prone region. In tucson, you'd be lucky if they last two summers.

As far as keeping the car somewhere else, mine has been sitting in my parents 3rd-car driveway forever. It's going in a garage the day I buy a house.

Dave, it might be a good thing..............obviously four guys living together will create some Party modes....in which the car will be safer down the road.......
and did you ever hear that absence makes the heart grow fonder......:rolleyes:
best of luck...........and keep the "real" good snack food hidden in your closet...
Will

lol those fake garages (falarges?) wouldnt pass in my area. the neighbors would freak b/c they are ugly. i live in a nice area. my car went to college in Pa. with me and stood tall bearing the elements for the past 4-5 yrs. its holding up ok even with the Ma. weather (i live on the ocean for all you land locked mofo's). We are in the process of moving so my uncle is letting me keep it in his office garage until it gets a new home in our new garage-i cant wait it will be so nice. ill finally have some security and ill feel ok about getting it repainted and brought back to life. its gotta be done to keep up with all of your rides!
but first i gotta tackle the suspension after i get some new rims/tires/smoked lights/tune (comming in the next few weeks or less!)
-fawcett

I used to store my Cobra about 15 minutes away. I noticed that I took more time working on it when I stored her. Now that the car is right in front of me, its like work. You seem to appreciate the time you spend with the car more when it is not convenient. I doubt it will bother you much. As long as you know it is in a safe place, you should be fine.

+1 for the toolbox.

mine is is the driveway. i wish there was a garage somewhere i could store it in, even it if was 15 minutes away. it has been raining non-stop the last 4 days and i really want to get it back together, but i cant because i have no garage. we have gotten like 15 inches of rain in the last week

my wife would divorce me if i put up a canvas garage for my car. :owned:

You all have it a lot better than I do. When I move off to Phoenix for college my car gets to stay in Colorado because I don't have a garage or the money to store it somewhere.