Moving Vacuume Locations

billison

I like tinted tail
15 Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
stl
ok. Looking to add the charcoal canister back to
The car ( removed by p o). All the vacuume ports under the intake are taken ( egr, fuel reg, brake, egr.) but I have a capped port on the corner. Is there any reason to not run it there? Or because of proximity move the brake there? Wasn't sure if it mattered.

• Sponsors (?)

What upper intake?

It just has to run to the manifold vacuum. I'd just Tee one of the existing spots if non available. The factory setup has a single vac port on the front side of the intake under the plenum for this vac line

No front ports. The thing is the corner is a port and I have an adaptor for it. Didn't know if location mattered.

Attachments

• IMG_1468.JPG
    IMG_1468.JPG
    556.7 KB · Views: 191
@billison
@Mustang5L5
@mikestang63

There are 2 devices on the intake manifold that have dedicated vacuum ports. The fuel pressure regulator and the carbon canister gas tank vent system. Why, you might ask?

The answer is simple when you think about it. They have the potential that if they fail, raw gasoline or gas vapors could be deposited in the vacuum controls for the cabin vent system or power brake booster. More potential for fire and explosion...

Reactions: 1 users
@billison
@Mustang5L5
@mikestang63

There are 2 devices on the intake manifold that have dedicated vacuum ports. The fuel pressure regulator and the carbon canister gas tank vent system. Why, you might ask?

The answer is simple when you think about it. They have the potential that if they fail, raw gasoline or gas vapors could be deposited in the vacuum controls for the cabin vent system or power brake booster. More potential for fire and explosion...
That's why I was asking. Wasn't sure how any of that played out. My luck it'd go through the vent and end up in the wife's shoes and then she'd never get in again

Reactions: 1 user