MPH Mongoose Vortech Kit vs. RPMoutlet's Procharger Kit.

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: The newest desciple of gearbanger and 300...."REDGTvert" . LOL, just messing. You guys (and you too red) know what you are talking about, but i dont even read all those quotes durring debates(unless agianst me lol). Then when I seen Red doing it, I had to say something HAHAHA.

• Sponsors (?)

Hot, just for you I won't won't use quotes. LOL! desciple of Gearbanger? Heck, I don't even like the guy. My problem is really when someone says it is a fact just because someone happens to say so. Back to ebay to see if I am still in the running for a new car.

BTW, not so new around here, notice the Founding Member under my name. You have half the number of posts I do, and have been on here 5 years less than me. LOL!

I know, im a newb :nonono: . LOL funny stuff, and yea I know your no newb. Youve probably been around longer than gearbanger (check...YEP)....SOOOO maybe hes your desciple! YES, i had it back wards! LOL

(BTW i dont care if you quote individual points...its good in a way.......I just fly on past them anyways HAHAHAHA!)

My posts are known to get LONG too, and I have a bad habbit of not using any breaks LOL....you guys arent bad, believe me, atleast everyone knows what part of the guys quote you are talking about :lol: Mine looks like a rediculously long run on sentence!

Gearbanger 101 said:
You have a little something on your nose there. :D
So Tim, can you honestly say that your S-Trim based Mongoose kit being run at 8psi as advertised will wipe the floor with a comparable P-1SC making the same level of boost? How do you explain the fact that there are numerous guys on here making in the 390rwhp area with the ATI kits at this level, where the S-Trim based Mongoose guys are usually topping out at about 20-30hp less than that? :shrug:

I realize that the additon of the intercooler on the Procharger kits has to put it at an advantage, but the original question was one versus the other, not the Vortech with the addition of the aftercooler vs the stock Procharger.
No sir.The base ATI kit with cooler will usually put out more power because of the cooler.Kinda like anytime we add a cooler to a Vortech kit it makes more power.
Apples to apples the ATI intercooled kit verses a non intercooled mongoose kit will make more power with equal PSI simply because more timing can be run with the cooler.

Just to clear some things up.RedGT and I go way back.I take no offense to anything he says.
He is correct to be honest.Everyone has an opinion and is entilted to it.Noone was "owned" because I made a comment.I'm not God,and Im not always right.I try not to open my mouth unless I can prove what I m saying so I dont look like an idiot.
However,I do stand behind my statement that on equal High HP setups the SQ trim has produced more power on any car we have seen with equal mods to the Prochager P1SC.

Both setups ,again,are nice..Hell anything that jams air into a engine is alright by me.;)

cobra killer said:
He is correct to be honest.Everyone has an opinion and is entilted to it.Noone was "owned" because I made a comment.I'm not God,and Im not always right.I try not to open my mouth unless I can prove what I m saying so I dont look like an idiot.
some poeple like hotmustangs331 think you are, really if you needed a bj all you'd have to do is take a trip to bastrop :D

tomustang said:
some poeple like hotmustangs331 think you are, really if you needed a bj all you'd have to do is take a trip to bastrop :D
We'll to be honest thats great that they do.We do stand behind our customers and cars 100% so the loyalty is appreciated.We don't mislead anyone nor put money infront of honesty.Thats probably why we have 42 cars here and our phones ring off the hook.
Hotmustang was treated badly by alot of shops in Texas and chose to drive to GA to get tuned.We treated him with respect and got his car acting properly where other shops had failed.He felt good about the experience for the first time so I completely understand his aggressive loyalty and happiness with us.He is entitled to his opinion just like everyone else.;)
BJ is not needed,he pays us back 10 fold with his positive post.

LOL its funny you say "your not God" . Some of your people on MPH have "tuned by the god himself" in their sigs :rlaugh: .
But no, i dont suck up to anyone...not even the big bosses @ freescale :D. BUT i do give respect where its due :nice: (btw I know that facts "own" someone....not opinions. I was just playing around.)

And TOMUSTANG...This home boy dont play that game :puke: . Im in the middle of eating grits for crying out loud!...and your not helping:nonono: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, and Tim just rereading that, noother shops had failed in tuning the car becuase i didnt even darken their doors lol. That chip was mail ordered WAY before the cams. The only "good" shop in the area wouldnt even give me credit for my SCT chip, and wanted freegin $600 to tune it! Thats when I said "heck, ill just drive to GA for about the same price (total W/ gas, food, ect) and then i know it will be done right".

oh dear god. here we go again.

RedGTvert said:
Well you pretty much insinuated such by issuing a quote from Tims partner that he has never seen a 500rwhp P1 setup. Please don't deny that.

read what Andy said. he said he doesn't deny there could be one to hit 500, just that he hasn't seen one. the reason is because they usually top out at the 480-500 range.

RedGTvert said:
All I pointed out was that I have seen a 500 rwhp P1, and not to call me a liar.

and i didn't call you a liar....

RedGTvert said:
If you want to compare 8-12# kits, generally the P1 will make more power.

because the P1 has an intercooler. the power difference isn't very large considering one is intercooled and one isn't! i'm sorry if that is a hard concept to grasp.

RedGTvert said:
I learned years ago, there is no such thing as an absolute fact other than the two we all know. One being we all die sometime, and the second we will pay taxes. Other than that it is pigheaded and ignorant for anyone to claim it is an absolute fact. Hopefully you are not claiming that you are pigheaded and ignorant.

what a lame attempt at a passive-aggresive insult. i guess according to you 600rwhp is not more than 500rwhp then.

RedGTvert said:
Here you go again, claiming absolute fact. It is your opinion, and until I hear it from some higher being, then it cannot be an absolute fact and you have no way to back up that you are the right person to claim it is an absolute fact.

i don't know what kind of math you were taught in school, but where i come from, 600hp is more than 500hp. that would be a fact, not an opinion.

RedGTvert said:
I am surprised that you are still building boost, but then going flat. No saying it isn't true. I know from my own personal experience, my GT made power right through redline on a 3.33 pully.

it's going flat for the last 500rpm upto redline. i don't understand what is so hard to understand here.

RedGTvert said:
If we are talking about torque, it is partially true, but from y experiences, the stepup ration has much more to do with the TQ numbers being so much better than the S-trim. With the 4.10 stepup, you are seeing more boost earlier in the rpm band than the S-trim, which is where TQ is made. You can make similar peark HP numbers, but I will take a 35-50 lb.ft of TQ advantahe anytime.

again, most of that is due to TIMING. intercooled vs non-intercooled. remember?

RedGTvert said:
Here you go again, quoting what you think as facts. You did not state an P1 is maxed out at 500rwhp, you stated that it could not be done. I claimed I had seen it with my own two eyes.

you are ABSOLUTELY WRONG on this account. go back and read post #20 of this thread. i wrote "the P1SC dies around 500rwhp while the S trim has gone well past the 600 mark.".

please quit making stuff up.

RedGTvert said:
Reliability? Where is it fact the P1 is not as reliable as an S-trim. I have seen both of them break. That is as bad as the P1 guys claiming the P1 is much better than the S-trim because you don't have to punch a hole in the oil pan. Here again, it is my opinion this is a bogus argument, but would never have the stones to claim FACT!!

Yes, the P1 has had seal issues, but then again, the S-trim kit when it first came out for the 99's and years following, had all sorts of issues with the idler pully it supplied. It took almost 2 years, possibly three to get that corrected, and many people were down because of it. I am not sure, but I think Vortech is on gen 3 of the idler issue.

seeing as how the P1 has had several instances of seal failure, i'd say it's not reliable. i'm not aware of any idler pulley problems. i've had my blower since 01 with no problem with anything except the factory tune and the Walboro fuel pump. to me a problem with the headunit, you know, the most important/expensive part of the kit, is much more troubling than a pulley.

RedGTvert said:
Again, until you can prove to me it is a fact, something that I do not believe you could do, because you think (sorry Tim, not meant as an insult) whatever Tim and the guys at MPH feel are the facts, then your argument is jaded and senseless.

Bottom line, choosing a power adder is a personal choice, and if they are setup correctly, they will both do the job. I happen to approach things with an open mind, and not take one persons word as FACT!, something you are so inclined to do.

These arguments have gone on for years, just like which power adder is better, or from my older days of modding, which carb. is better or is fule injection so much better than a carb. These differing opinions will always be there, and it comes to choice. I like Chocolate, you like Vanilla. Does that make either one better than the other . . . Nope. But I will never claim for a FACT! that Chocolate is better than Vanilla.

Peace.

um, ok. i guess you know more than the pro's how could i have ever doubted you. please do me a favor and get a P1-SC kit and make over 669rwhp or whatever the top S trim has made and prove me wrong.

now if you'll excuse me, i'll go do something more productive. like play Call of Duty 2 on Xbox 360.