Mr. McCormick at FordFuenlInjection.com needs to get some priorities straight...

88 Fox GT

Nov 18, 2002
Iowa
I ordered my EFI wiring harness from him on September 6th and the transaction had gone through that day, so he has my money. So far, I have NO CLUE where my harness is, whether or not he has shipped it out, or if he might be building it. I've e-mailed him twice asking him about it and he has no number to get ahold of him. I'm kinda pissed because I spent $500 on this harness (including 3G alternator add-on) and I have no clue, what-so-ever, on it's where-abouts. I would have been satisfied if he would have at least sent me an e-mail saying something like: "I got your order, I am building/sending out your harness on such and such date" Or something along those lines, AT LEAST. Any of you ever ordered from Ford Fuel Injection? Because, at this time, I'm not happy. :notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

I don't THINK he ripped me off, I believe he is for real and so are his harnesses. But, I'm not 100% confident of that anymore. I am getting pretty pissed because I got no info about anything yet. He replied to my e-mails the day after I wrote him and sometimes minutes after with a good answer for me. Right now I have nothing. Maybe I can call the credit card company or Paypal or something and find out some info on him or get a number or something. :shrug:

I ordered some stuff from him also just last month, and had the same problem, he sent me a fedex tracking number soon after ordering, but the stuff didn't actually ship for a week. Seems he had a delay in getting a part, no big deal to me, but he at least could have let me know.

I still have nothing. I'm starting to get pissed. Soon the bill is going to come and I'm not even going to have the s**t I paid for!

mustangracer, since you have ordered off of him before, did you ever get his phone number or something?

If you start to get really concerned and don't hear from him either way, you can always do a chargeback on the credit card. However, if you did the transaction through PayPal, you should consult their policies first for resolution. Either way, you should be protected as long as you follow up within 60 days.

Hope it works out. Good luck.

Grrr, damnit! I am getting sick of this. I just want my harness!

Paypal or the credit card company have to have his phone number on record or seomething don't they? I wonder if they are allowed to give it out to people (like me) who have bought things off of the guy and haven't heard from him. I don't want to take my money back just yet, because I don't think he is a scammer at all. Like mustangracer said, he has ordered off of Ryan before, so I don't know.
:bang:

Patience young grasshopper...

He's a one man show. Keep in mind that it takes him 10 (yes, ten) hours to assemble one custom harness. Custom work like that is worth the wait. Who else will build you a harness for that price and not fill it with a bunch of Chevy 'universal wiring'? (You need a little orphan annie decoder ring to figure that stuff out.)

That being said, he could get some help to speed up the process. :(

I'm ordering one of his harnesses sometime around the end of the year to do FI on my rig.

Gummi Bear, I realize he is building (or has built) a custom harness for me. But, I spent $500 with him, and would REALLY appreciate just a little info on what's happening or if he has even started on it. Like I said, it's been over 3 weeks since I ordered have have NO information about it. Please understand my frustration.

Ozsum2, I know, but I've already ordered it and I really don't NEED it right now. I just want some info (at least) is all. His harness is the best as far as from what I have read. He has everything I need on the harness and it's the cheapest in cost.

Speed_Demon1965 said:
Ozsum2, I know, but I've already ordered it and I really don't NEED it right now. I just want some info (at least) is all. His harness is the best as far as from what I have read. He has everything I need on the harness and it's the cheapest in cost.

Well, if you're not in a rush, then you can wait, but customer service means a lot to me. If he has the market cornered on them, then he is the boss. I don't like that.

OK, you don't need it right now, he is the best, his harness has everything you need and he is the cheapest.

I think I could live without the email updates in that situation.

Granted, big expensive fancy companies with universal harnesses and a legion of customer service reps that cost money could be an option, but as long as he comes with good references, I would rather he was building my harness than chit chatting on the web.

I understand your frustration, but you are getting a lot from him other than customer service.

I'm not taking sides on this at all, but 'customer service' for something like this could be as simple as a form letter that says:

'Thank you for your order. We will be busy putting the harness together for you over the next 4 weeks. Please be patient as quality takes time.'

And when he gets an email he responds with the form letter initially. That would buy him 4 weeks of time from most people...

69PaleHorse said:
I'm not taking sides on this at all, but 'customer service' for something like this could be as simple as a form letter that says:

'Thank you for your order. We will be busy putting the harness together for you over the next 4 weeks. Please be patient as quality takes time.'

And when he gets an email he responds with the form letter initially. That would buy him 4 weeks of time from most people...

That's right. If he is going to be in business, then he needs to take care of his customers. Let em know what's going on.

69PaleHorse said:

I agree. The e-mail I sent him the other day should make him wake up and realize that a little better communication with his customers, just like a simple e-mail that 69PaleHorse suggested. I told him I was getting concerned about my harness and that I had no clue and what it's progress was. I didn't know if he had gotten my order and was shipping it or it got shipped out already. I said I didn't know because he was not communicating with me at all. One simple confirmation e-mail with an ETA would have been fine. That's all I ask. It's not like I bought a $20 sensor or something, this is a $500 wiring harness.

I understand that, and that seems real simple.

But, over the years I have seen a lot of master craftsmen in this industry who are brilliant at making product but lousy at being rushed or communicating.

It seems the better they are at building whatever they build, the more willing people will be to put up with it.

It's frustrating not knowing, for sure, but at the end of the day, you will probably come out ahead.

Speed_Demon1965 said:
I agree. The e-mail I sent him the other day should make him wake up and realize that a little better communication with his customers, just like a simple e-mail that 69PaleHorse suggested. I told him I was getting concerned about my harness and that I had no clue and what it's progress was. I didn't know if he had gotten my order and was shipping it or it got shipped out already. I said I didn't know because he was not communicating with me at all. One simple confirmation e-mail with an ETA would have been fine. That's all I ask. It's not like I bought a $20 sensor or something, this is a $500 wiring harness.

I guess he missed the business course where they taught that the customer is always right and needs to be taken care of on all levels. I don't put up with it.