MRT H is on!!!

Well, after a week of waiting, I (and my friend) installed the MRT catted H last night. We did it at his garage so it was on a lift with lots of tools at our disposal.

Everything started out smoothly, we PB blasted the nuts and three came off without a hitch. Of course, my friend said "I can't believe how easily these are coming off." This inevitably lead to the fourth bolt snapping. We heated the bolt and then used a special socket to get it out. Once the factory pipe was down, we got two o2 sensors out with no issue. The third one stripped on the way out, and the fourth one was so stuck that the o2 sensor socket snapped:eek:

After a trip to autozone for 2 new rear o2s and a header to mid pipe stud, we were in business and got is all on. The whole thing took about 2 hours including the trip to the store. If nothing had broken, we would have been done in like 45 min.

It fit perfectly, bolted right up to my cat back, and sounds great. It is not overly loud, but definitely has more growl and is deeper for sure. I think I feel a better throttle response. I now understand what everyone who said changing the midpipe would "wake the car up" meant. :nice:

Thanks to everyone who lent advice. I am very happy with the end result.

• Sponsors (?)

Nice to hear! I was actually looking for a catted H when I found my Prochamber. I think the two are similar in loudness. Changing the midpipe isn't hard at all. The second time I swapped mine out (due to exhaust leak one day after I put the Prochamber on), I took it completely off, and then completely back on, completely by myself, in an hour.

We need some videos! I still haven't uploaded a video of mine...I've got some videos, but just haven't made a nice compilation yet.

Some don't have the option or interest in running "off road" pipes on their cars. Like most mods, arguments can be made on both sides. I for one have done most of my mods to compliment a sc and the overall feel/sound of the car. I don't have any illusions that the catted mid offers big gains in hp but it performed exactly as expected.

Glad you got it on man. My install went smoothly. I love the way my car sounds and performs with the midpipe. All of my friends noticed the sound difference also. I show them the stock midpipe compared to the MRT and they say holy*****! Sound is subjective to all of us. I'm very happy with the way mine sounds. Enjoy. Pearl02.

Glad you got it on man. My install went smoothly. I love the way my car sounds and performs with the midpipe. All of my friends noticed the sound difference also. I show them the stock midpipe compared to the MRT and they say holy*****! Sound is subjective to all of us. I'm very happy with the way mine sounds. Enjoy. Pearl02.

thanks.
My install was just my usual dumb luck. Once we had everything in working order the actual putting on the mid pipe was very easy. I love the sound. It was a noticeable difference yet not to the point that it is too much. One of my friends went for a ride with me today and commented how it is aggressive and attractive, but not obnoxious in the cabin.

Especially since I picked it up used for $225, (plus the cost of 2 new o2s and the extensions for the 2004 and a gasket) it was worth every penny and makes the money spent on the cat back much better spent.

thanks.
My install was just my usual dumb luck. Once we had everything in working order the actual putting on the mid pipe was very easy. I love the sound. It was a noticeable difference yet not to the point that it is too much. One of my friends went for a ride with me today and commented how it is aggressive and attractive, but not obnoxious in the cabin.

Especially since I picked it up used for $225, (plus the cost of 2 new o2s and the extensions for the 2004 and a gasket) it was worth every penny and makes the money spent on the cat back much better spent.

Yea, dumb luck seems to be hit and miss when installing a mid pipe. Your friend discribed the sound just right. You can't beat the price you paid for the pipe. Glad you enjoy the "tunes". Sneaky98GT, cool avitar. This is the last season for 24. I won't know what to do next season without it. Pearl02.