MS DROID PRO FOR ANDROID PHONES

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
I downloaded this app a while ago and have been following them on FB. They are finally at the point in development where im ready to try it out. Ordered the pro version yesterday.

This app has a customizable dash board to display just about anything you want to see from MS. Doesn't have the option to change many colors but there are several different types and the grid layout for placement that we're used to.

It will allow data logging and histogram while driving without having a laptop hooked up. Also, works through bluetooth or cable.

The pro version costs about $18.00 and is available through the free app once its downloaded from the google play store.

Screenshot_20190323-104238_MSDroid.jpg

Screenshot_20190323-104259_MSDroid.jpg

Screenshot_20190323-104413_MSDroid.jpg

This app does a bunch if you have MS and tuner studio.

If anyone else has this app please chime in with what you know about it.

Has anyone had issues with this app ? Is anyone with more experience willing to try it so we can figure this out together ( I barely know how to access my contacts on my phone..Samsung S8. )lol

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I downloaded this app a while ago and have been following them on FB. They are finally at the point in development where im ready to try it out. Ordered the pro version yesterday.

This app has a customizable dash board to display just about anything you want to see from MS. Doesn't have the option to change many colors but there are several different types and the grid layout for placement that we're used to.

It will allow data logging and histogram while driving without having a laptop hooked up. Also, works through bluetooth or cable.

The pro version costs about $18.00 and is available through the free app once its downloaded from the goog

This app does a bunch if you have MS and tuner studio.

If anyone else has this app please chime in with what you know about it.

Has anyone had issues with this app ? Is anyone with more experience willing to try it so we can figure this out together ( I barely know how to access my contacts on my phone..Samsung S8. )lol

I've had ait for a short while. I use shadow dash most of the time but if you wanna tweak something in your tune its nice to have if you don't have your laptop with you.

Digital Dash FTW :hide:

I looked to those when it first came out but is quite limited in what you can do and the little screens. Im glad to see they got a little better graphics on the gauges now.

I can't get the app to work on my samsung s8 android phone. Trying over usb but phone doesn't seem to see anything from my mspnp2. Theres absolutely 0 current information on how to set app up.

Contacted the creator of the app. Waiting for response through FB.

Stressed out and melting down so....I edited my previous post out. I have grasped a lot but my time and life keep me from really being able to consistantly study this stuff. Plus, I have some short term memory issues that are frustrating me since a stroke. Without Steve...and the community here my project would not exist.

Last edited:
Digital Dash FTW :hide:

I looked to those when it first came out but is quite limited in what you can do and the little screens. Im glad to see they got a little better graphics on the gauges now.
Ya its not the greatest, and it is quirky even with a tablet. I will most likely go DD when i'm ready to tackle that part of the car.

Reactions: 1 users
Someone here has a really nice digital dash that will make your
Ya its not the greatest, and it is quirky even with a tablet. I will most likely go DD when i'm ready to tackle that part of the car.

I'm going to go DD too. My funds aren't there yet...so gotta do what I gotta do. Stanglx2002 has the best one out right now. That thing is great and relatively affordable....especially compared to the other options. I can't wait to have one in my hands.

This is just a thing to play with and keep an eye on a couple things instead of carrying the laptop everywhere. The dash is a way better option and you don't have to deal with plugs and such. This app is still in beta phase and is nowhere near perfect.

Just found out why my samsung s8 doesn't pick up my mspnp2. There's a usb adapter the plugs into the phone. There was one in the box my phone came in. Since I moved it got tossed or lost somewhere ( I hold onto everything forever...usually )

Screenshot_20190328-213719_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I'll get this thing in a couple days and report back with what I find out.

Reactions: 1 users
Got everything hooked up this morning. The app is decent. Spent hours building my dashboard but when tune is loaded from MS the dash board goes to default and has to be built again. I guess I spent my time in the demo and not the actual dash board. Response is pretty quick for gauges. I think this will make it simpler to log. We'll see how this goes.

Screenshot_20190330-130459_Spotify.jpg

First datalog disappeared. I'm not sure why but it was a driving log and I think I jacked something up by not ending the log properly. I ended the log and tried to view it while still connected to the MS with key on. This short log was made and ended by stopping log...and then stopping communication with ECU before viewing it.

Screenshot_20190330-145243_MSDroid.jpg

Here's a scatter plot...

Screenshot_20190330-145358_MSDroid.jpg

There's no scaling available to make it easier to read...no zoom function either.

Here's a zip file of the log. Don't know if it can be opened outside of the app. Can someone try to open it and report back here ?

Attachments

• 2019-03-30_14-48-21.msl.zip
    75.7 KB · Views: 187
Checked out the log. I had to send it to my email in a zip file and then saved it. At that point it would open in Mega Log Viewer Lite. I have Mega Log Viewer HD installed so I don't know why it opens in the unpaid version. If i go into MLV HD and choose to open file it states that the y or x axis isn't written. It will open in MLV Lite.

This is pretty interesting to me. I havent tried making any changes through MSDroid. Will probably wait until a91what can be on hand for that.

The log can be pinch zoomed in and out for clarity in th he app. Pretty neat.

Just noticed something in the MSDroid log. It says my vacuum is -2.3 psi. I guess that means -2.3psi below atmospheric pressure ( 14.7psi )...so that would mean my idle was at -12.4 psi. ???

I'm guessing that zero would actually be atmospheric pressure at 14.7psi...give or take sea level. ( I'm just about sea level here ). I would think the scale would read 12.4psi instead of - 2.3psi. I know my car generally runs between 9 and 12 in.hg. at idle.

Doesn't make a bunch of sense to me. The graph is set for boost psi. I'll search to see if there is a boost / vacuum setting....or at least an in.hg. setting.

There should be a inhg setting, there is in ts...
To clarify about how the gauges read, you are seeing psi gauge pressure not absolute pressure. Gauge is what people are used to seeing, not many people can easily understand absolute pressure and how to equate that to an actual reading. You are also making an assumption about your pressure being 1 atmosphere, you would have to cross reference it against barometric pressure.

MsDroid doesn't have an in.hg. setting for the data log. ( not one I can find anyways ). Here's the list...

Screenshot_20190331-003720_MSDroid.jpg

Screenshot_20190331-003734_MSDroid.jpg

Screenshot_20190331-003743_MSDroid.jpg

Screenshot_20190331-003806_MSDroid.jpg

@a91what this is the complete list for the log viewer. If you see something that would give me a true vacuum reading let me know. I don't see anything and vacuum is the most important thing for diagnosing a car. Well....to me at least.

In msdroid you have to use the MAP reading to calculate vacuum. Makes it a bit complicated for a noob like me...

The app has GPS mapping and satellite view...which I think is cool. The app also keeps locking up when trying to view data logs. The only setting that works is scatter plots. This is nee for today. Yesterday it worked. I've sent info to the creators so we'll see what happens.

It's raining today so may not get a driving log done.

Found out I had a parameter listed in my log view that my ECU wasn't communicating. That caused the app to freeze because it was searching for something it couldn't find.

Back up and did a warm up log. My idle spark correction seems a little high with some surging. These th hinges will get smoothed out when Steve gets his hands back on this stuff. Going MAF but it'll take time to get there.

Attachments

• 2019-03-31_15-23-52.msl.zip (0).zip
    396.1 KB · Views: 176
Here's a snapshot of the log. This app has caused me to have a renewed interest in tuning and logging the car. Way easier than pulling out the laptop.

Will still use the laptop to do any real changes but this is ok once you start to understand the glitches. I think it could actually be helpful.

Screenshot_20190331-155849_MSDroid.jpg

I do realize I haven't uploaded a tune file. This thread isn't for changes to the tune....its just about making this app work so people can see it.