MSD 6AL-2 Programmable

blandq

Founding Member
Jun 10, 2002
Houston Texas
I am lookin for information regarding the 1st install? This is being applied to non-fuel injected carb solution. Is anyone using the electronic timing curves on a mechanical distibutor? Using the the retard for NOS and launch brake features?

What is the initial disb. timing settings...

• Sponsors (?)

I have one on my turbo car. I love it. My distributer is locked at 42* and the box does everything. Start retard, mechanical retard, it retards as vacuum gets closer to 0 and even more under boost. I use the 2 step to launch. Roll it into the beams and foot brake it. You can go WOT and not push through the lights. Covers up my lazy accelerator pumps.

I have one on my turbo car. I love it. My distributer is locked at 42* and the box does everything. Start retard, mechanical retard, it retards as vacuum gets closer to 0 and even more under boost. I use the 2 step to launch. Roll it into the beams and foot brake it. You can go WOT and not push through the lights. Covers up my lazy accelerator pumps.

Ya its nice for all the features you can do with it. I plan to do that same thing when I go back to a power adder.

They work good for N/A street cars too. With a MAP sensor you have complete control over vacuum advance. I like using a laptop to make adjustments tom mechanical and vacuum advance vs tools. I use the timing light once for initial setting and never use it again. With the software you can move timing timing small amounts and be exact. Sometimes moving timing 1 degree can take several tries.