MSD 6AL good?

autumn_again

Oct 2, 2007
Hamilton, NJ
i have the chance to buy one for 120 tomorrow. brand new. kid i know bought it for his car a while back, and didn't realize it wouldn't work for his car until recently when he went to install it.

i know it probably wont help me at all right now with a basically stock motor, but i am not keeping it stock long. by the end of the summer it should be supercharged.

• Sponsors (?)

is there anything i should pick up along with it? the guy works at an auto parts store, so anything i need i can get pretty cheap, they can order it in.

i'm unfamiliar with the product as you can tell haha, but anything that would get the most out of the product.

would it hurt me at all if i installed it on my car now? would it benifit?

you'll definitely want to pick up the harness that comes with all the extra wiring and connectors to hook into the coil........it'll make your life much easier. It wont hurt to put in on your car now either.......but you probably wont notice much of a difference other than slightly snappier throttle response.

-James

my engine builder said that the problems people have with them are usually because they don't install them with enough attention to detail. he says that they really need 14 volts in order to work properly, and that most problems people have are because they are not getting the voltage they need.

i actually have one that has been sitting at my desk at work for about a year now. it is used. i haven't decided yet if i am going to keep it or not, but my guess is that i probably will sell it since i am NA and have no plans on boost.