Msd 6al Question

smkshw

5 Year Member
Feb 12, 2010
hey guys

my car seems to run ok,just when i start it,its as if its firing up late?...not as crisp fire up as i want....so i disconected the original coil wires that hook up to the msd box,and pluged it back in the factory way to see if that helped,but it dosnt start?....shouldnt it fire if i hook it back to foctory plug?.....as far as i remember it used too?

its a 331 stroker thanks

• Sponsors(?)

smkshw

5 Year Member
Feb 12, 2010
no only goes one way?....should work weird?....did my timing its at 14?....any thoughts guys?

smkshw

5 Year Member
Feb 12, 2010
i just dont get it?...msd is disconected?....and its dosnt fire?....hooked back up,and it fires?

the factory plug is giving the signal to the msd box?,should work?!

jrichker

StangNet's favorite TOOL
SN Certified Technician
Mar 10, 2000
Dublin GA
MSD wiring:

Instead of using the battery negative terminal, attach the heavy gauge black wire to the body ground point by the windshield washer filler.

The battery common ground is a 10 gauge pigtail with the computer ground attached to it.
Picture courtesy timewarped1972

smkshw

5 Year Member
Feb 12, 2010
MSD wiring:

Instead of using the battery negative terminal, attach the heavy gauge black wire to the body ground point by the windshield washer filler.

The battery common ground is a 10 gauge pigtail with the computer ground attached to it.
Picture courtesy timewarped1972
the msd works,but when i unplug the factory plug to the msd,and plug it back to the coil,it dosnt start?.....so when its back to the stock way(msd deleted) car dosnt start?
i have the harness i should have said...so if u look at the diagram,i unplug it from there,wich makes the msd disconected from car,then i plug it back to coil instead of msd?

Last edited:

smkshw

5 Year Member
Feb 12, 2010
ok well here is a update if anyone cares....i have a msd coil....i put my stock coil back on and it fired perfectly!...with msd disconected....so i guess the coil was bad and the msd compensated....so thats that!

ps...thats the second msd coil in 2 years

Reactions: A5literMan