Msd 6al Question

smkshw

5 Year Member
Feb 12, 2010
hey guys

my car seems to run ok,just when i start it,its as if its firing up late?...not as crisp fire up as i want....so i disconected the original coil wires that hook up to the msd box,and pluged it back in the factory way to see if that helped,but it dosnt start?....shouldnt it fire if i hook it back to foctory plug?.....as far as i remember it used too?

its a 331 stroker thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i just dont get it?...msd is disconected?....and its dosnt fire?....hooked back up,and it fires?

the factory plug is giving the signal to the msd box?,should work?!

MSD wiring:

msd-ford-installation-w-harness-gif.71658

msd-ford-installation-wo-harness-gif.71659

Instead of using the battery negative terminal, attach the heavy gauge black wire to the body ground point by the windshield washer filler.

The battery common ground is a 10 gauge pigtail with the computer ground attached to it.
Picture courtesy timewarped1972
ground.jpg

MSD wiring:

msd-ford-installation-w-harness-gif.71658

msd-ford-installation-wo-harness-gif.71659

Instead of using the battery negative terminal, attach the heavy gauge black wire to the body ground point by the windshield washer filler.

The battery common ground is a 10 gauge pigtail with the computer ground attached to it.
Picture courtesy timewarped1972
ground.jpg
the msd works,but when i unplug the factory plug to the msd,and plug it back to the coil,it dosnt start?.....so when its back to the stock way(msd deleted) car dosnt start?
i have the harness i should have said...so if u look at the diagram,i unplug it from there,wich makes the msd disconected from car,then i plug it back to coil instead of msd?

Last edited:
ok well here is a update if anyone cares....i have a msd coil....i put my stock coil back on and it fired perfectly!...with msd disconected....so i guess the coil was bad and the msd compensated....so thats that!

ps...thats the second msd coil in 2 years

Reactions: 1 user