MSD Digital 6, Tach problem....

Hy there.... After installing the digital 6 unit in my -86 GT, I have a
tach problem.. I am using the wiering kit for TFI coil,and the MSD Pro billit Distributor. First the tach was dead, then I connected the Tach output
cable to the Voltage trigger cable, and the cars tach goes to around
3000rpm and died (also cutted the green jumper wire). It seems to bee ok at idle,but stopps and goes to zero again if I run more than 3000rpms.... Whats this ? Suppose I need a tach adapter ? What type ...? THANKS, :)

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for your link :) . I was hoping that someone else have done this installatoin , so that I could be sure of what I need.... There is no information included in the
MSD kit. Just that you may need a tach adapter.... Strange that MSD sell the direct fit wiering, BUT no information regarding a Tach adapter...??? Suppose that hundreds of Fox cars are driving around with this units. :shrug:

Why not just plug the tach into your ignition box? I have mine plugged into the side of the box with the provided spade connector. Never had any problems with the tach not working, but I also have a Autometer Sport Comp and the stock tach no longer works.

Iowa91LX said:
Why not just plug the tach into your ignition box? I have mine plugged into the side of the box with the provided spade connector. Never had any problems with the tach not working, but I also have a Autometer Sport Comp and the stock tach no longer works.

Pre- '87 cars need the Tach Adapter for the stock tach to work.

Thanks...

..Thanks Guys ! Well, pre -87 cars, Thats what I need to hear . Have tried a lot of different connections, BUT now I know that I need the Tach adapter. Thanks ! :) (PS, sorry for my late reply, just waked up,morning here in Norway now...)