MSD Distributer or not?

• Sponsors (?)

NO problems on my MSD, but yes it's probably money wasted. But I'm a sucker for things that look cool, like brushed aluminum. If you decide to get one, make sure you get a hardened gear for it if you have an aftermarket cam. The gear that came with it is meant for the stock cam I think, it was all chewed up after 100 miles.

---------------------------------
The Pro-Billet PN 8451, PN 8452, PN 8455 and PN 8456 Distributors are designed as a direct replacement for Ford EFI High Output engines and are equipped with a steel gear for the hydraulic roller camshaft.

The PN 8453 model is a replacement for 351W engines with a TFI Ignition module and is supplied with an iron gear (non-roller camshaft).
---------------------------------

It just says hydraulic roller camshaft.... :shrug:

a friend of mine still has the stock dizzy on his 725hp 93 lx. spent 300 for the MSD and when i pulled the cap off to start pulling the motor, the inside was all rusty with rust dust all inside it. if you ask me MSD, although pretty, is over rated, especially since i saw my friend running a stocker on a 700hp car. wish i would have saved my stock one now.