MSD Ready-to-Run distributors?

• Sponsors (?)

in my opinion it is a waste of money. you could runa s tock replacement distributor for a few hundred dollars cheaper and it work work just the same. the only thing you are getting from after market dizzies is a name. you MIGHT gain a little more reliability but the dizzy isnt going to make the spark any hotter or gain you any more HP. you need like a 6a box for that.

I have to agree with BK_Cauley on this one. Unless you want a new, shiny part, they're a waste. It seems that a lot of MSD components tend to have high failure rates from what I've seen, but the distributor problems seem only to lie in the EFI units in particular. If you're looking to get one for a carbureted application, consider taking a look at one of the GM type HEI distributors. They're still a complete ignition system that allows you to eliminate the Duraspark, but at a much cheaper price than the MSD piece.

I have to agree with BK_Cauley on this one. Unless you want a new, shiny part, they're a waste. It seems that a lot of MSD components tend to have high failure rates from what I've seen, but the distributor problems seem only to lie in the EFI units in particular. If you're looking to get one for a carbureted application, consider taking a look at one of the GM type HEI distributors. They're still a complete ignition system that allows you to eliminate the Duraspark, but at a much cheaper price than the MSD piece.

I was thinking the HEI was a option also but I haven't found any for the 302. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough yet.
I'm not looking for all out performance, just a simple way to wire it up without a bunch of wires all over the place. I am gutting the entire car and starting from scratch with the wiring.
Thanks, I'll look into the HEI.