Mustang 40th Anniversary Special Edition Monopoly

Mtang78

Dec 30, 2003
Illinois
Just wanted to let you know in case you haven't already heard, but the Mustang 40th Anniversary Special Edition Monopoly has every year represented (body changes), EXCEPT for anything from 1974-1978!! I was totally appalled! And this game is licensed by Ford! How many of you feel like we as II owners, have been slapped in the face? Anyone have any suggestion on what we can do about it?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, that doesn't surprise me since the first Mustang Monopoly didn't have a II reference either. I wrote to the company that produces the Monopoly game and, of course, never received a reply. That was over a year ago. It is just another example of ignorance.

Looks like I won't be buying the 40th Anniversary Mustang Monopoly either.

stangii said:
Well, that doesn't surprise me since the first Mustang Monopoly didn't have a II reference either. I wrote to the company that produces the Monopoly game and, of course, never received a reply. That was over a year ago. It is just another example of ignorance.

Looks like I won't be buying the 40th Anniversary Mustang Monopoly either.
hey guys check your ebay. they DID come out with our cars for it. it is the additional playset for this game. i bought a few of them after i got the game. its a 78 king cobra. they are out there but just in an addition playset for the game. :nice:

1970impala said:
hey guys check your ebay. they DID come out with our cars for it. it is the additional playset for this game. i bought a few of them after i got the game. its a 78 king cobra. they are out there but just in an addition playset for the game. :nice:

What search parameters did you enter to find the accessory game pieces? I would be interested in getting them.

Mtang78 said:
What search parameters did you enter to find the accessory game pieces? I would be interested in getting them.

i believe my search was "monopoly cobra". i think that got me there. its been about 8 months or so ago but they are there. i will see if i can do some searching today for you guys.

Yeah, I bought a couple of them. One to save, the other to open. I actually have used the piece playing the game.

I just got word that Ford was the one that proofed the 40th game and allowed it to be produced without the II. It is really sad when the company that made the cars is the one that ignores them the most.

Of course, I am not done with my complaints, I'll take it to the top of the chain if I have to.

You're talking about this one, right?

jl_monopoly.jpg

I have that.

Attachments

• jl_monopoly.jpg
    jl_monopoly.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 238