Mustang 93 5.0 doesn’t start cranks but no start please help...

• Sponsors (?)

You can always find the capacitors on Amazon, if you need someone to fix it it's a simple soldering job. Any electronics repair shop can do it.
What ECU is it? I am in Plant City and may have a good one in the shop.

You can always find the capacitors on Amazon, if you need someone to fix it it's a simple soldering job. Any electronics repair shop can do it.
What ECU is it? I am in Plant City and may have a good one in the shop.
Thats not far at all. Hopefully you do. If not one that I can take capacitors of will do. I’m trying to get it started today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 102
Good deal hopefully you get back up and running soon. Make sure and check for broken traces on the PCB. If there are you can use jumper wires in the place of the bad traces on the board since I doubt you have a trace repair kit laying around. lol :D

Reactions: 1 user
Good deal hopefully you get back up and running soon. Make sure and check for broken traces on the PCB. If there are you can use jumper wires in the place of the bad traces on the board since I doubt you have a trace repair kit laying around. lol :D
Lol no I don’t have a trace kit lol but I didn’t need it . I fix capacitors and fuel pump relay next to the ecu was bad . Started right up after. Now I’m getting a bit of a stall and a bit of black smoke.

Hey I got it running. Capacitors and also a bad fuel pump relay by the ecu was bad. It fired
Right up. But getting a bit of a stall and black smoke. Computer reads out code 68, and 98 .

The code 68 is invalid for 5.0 Fox body Mustangs.

Code 98 - basic computer internal tests not passed before it started processing the request to dump codes. Do a Key On Engine Off test before starting the engine. Wait until you see the 11 flash before pressing any buttons if you have a hand operated scanner. The computer is operating in Limp mode, so fix any codes it dumps prior to doing anything else.

Try dumping the codes again.