Mustang Anvil Auto Carbon Fiber Parts 1969-1970

Discussion in 'CJ Pony Parts' started by [email protected], Dec 5, 2012.

1. Anvil Auto produces a wide variety of carbon fiber parts for Mustangs. Each part is 100% carbon fiber and comes in a glossy clear UV protective coat or satin UV protective coat finishes.

CJ Pony Parts will soon be offering many of Anvil's carbon fiber parts for our 1969-1970 Mustang customers, so keep an eye on our website for when they're released.

http://www.cjponyparts.com

2. This company (Anvil Auto)does not stand by their products.I purchased 2 of their carbon fiber parts for my 70 mustang ,the carbon fiber is turning white on my instrument cluster,I called them to try a get it fixed or replaced.Since I purchased it from CJ Pony and not them,they really didn't want to help me,in fact that's exactly what happened. Tried to make me pay for a new one,or by something else from them and then they would send me another cluster!What they wanted to sell me hasn't even been made yet,I asked to see pictures (door panel inserts),Never herd from them again!Their customer service SUCKS!Their products are not cheap,if their gonna put out crap,they need to stand by it.I will never recommend or purchase anything from this company again.

3. Do you have pics of the part? What's the warranty on the part? How long have you had it? Do you have the purchase receipt or invoice?

4. This company (Anvil Auto)does not stand by their products.I purchased 2 of their carbon fiber parts for my 70 mustang ,the carbon fiber is turning white on my instrument cluster,I called them to try a get it fixed or replaced.Since I purchased it from CJ Pony and not them,they really didn't want to help me,in fact that's exactly what happened. Tried to make me pay for a new one,or by something else from them and then they would send me another cluster!What they wanted to sell me hasn't even been made yet,I asked to see pictures (door panel inserts),Never herd from them again!Their customer service SUCKS!Their products are not cheap,if their gonna put out crap,they need to stand by it.I will never recommend or purchase anything from this company again.
    Yes I have pics, don't know what the warranty is, yes,I have the receipt. Doesn't matter,anyways,went through all this directly with Anvil.

5. Post em all up. The only thing we have to go on so far is a rant.

6. This is not a rant,I'm just trying to let anyone that is interested in this companies products to think twice.Maybe I'm wrong,but I would imagine real carbon fiber car parts would hold up much better than 2 to 3 yrs.The finish should not turn almost like a milky white.At least stand by your products, this stuff is not cheap.If you think this is a rant,sorry for wasting your time.

Attached Files:

7. Aha! I do see the problem there. How old is the part?

8. About 3 yrs,my car is garage kept,only is in the sun on weekends at mostly car shows.I changed out all the wood grain to carbon fber,I bought the clock bezel that matches the instrument bezel also from Anvil,its fine.Also,I did not use any type of glue to attach them,so the discolorment didn't come from that.I see other cars with carbon fiber spoilers,bumpers,etc,that are in the elements, no issues.Like I've stated, this stuff isn't cheap,it should last a lot longer than 2-3yrs.They wouldn't help me,I'm disappointed. Thanks for hearing me out,I'm done "ranting",Al.

karthief likes this.
  9. No worries. I would definitely use a different company for replacements if you can find them. You might also want to create your own thread in the general or off-topic areas. Start it with your images and good description of installation, duration, conditions, then finally.... The experience you had when trying to get it corrected.

I agree that even after 3 years, the interior pieces should not look like that.

By all means, do a full product review thread in the Mustang Forum. That will go a LOT further and catch more folks than a rant in CJPs thread. :p

I LOVE legitimate and honest product review threads for Mustang products.

#9 Noobz347, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
    karthief likes this.
  10. Ok,thanks.