Mustang Gt Convertible Top

jwilks5579

Apr 9, 2015
hi everyone im new to the site! i have a 2000 mustang gt convertible. my parking brake light wont come on so me and my buddys let the top down manually and over time i guess this caused the frame to bend. so now there is a big gap between the windows and the top and rains in pretty bad. is that fixable or do i need a new frame for it? thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0125.JPG
    IMG_0125.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0124.JPG
    IMG_0124.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Sponsors (?)

if your cloth top is still in pretty good shape, I would try to find a local picknpull or junk yard that has a corresponding year model and get it for cheap. If the motor is still running and the cloth is good you can transfer it over to the new/used frame work for under a 100$. If you'd rather take the measurements, find each identical linkage bar and measure them. If you find that one is not at the same length or isn't plumb then that is the one that you will need to form back into place. Pull the cover off put your frame work into the up position and then adjust until you have a straight frame work again. This can cause more damage though if you tweak it too far or if you break the assembly pins, so take it easy and slow.