mustang GT vs lightning

fast ponyGT 03

Jul 9, 2003
i had just pust on a new steeda timing adjuster and i let my girlfriend drive we where cruising around and a lighting pulled next to us my girlfriend reved on him and i knew we were in for a ride well the lightning barely beat us it was cool because if i was driving it would have been closer anyway the lightning stayed about a car length ahead of us then he rolled down his window to say something but girlfriend was pissed that she lost and took off it really bothered her i keep telling her she did well she didnt get smoked and she kept on his ass but she is still mad i quess i better supercharge it any else race one

• Sponsors (?)

Yes I have raced one, and may i say i can race him whenever i want, he is my boss. Well his is a 00' with a Air Aid Intake, aftermarket exhasut. Well with my mods below i am able to hang with him, when we went to the track i won the 1/4. In street racing i stayed ahead of him and really put a car on him between 75-90, then he started to pull on me and got ahead of me. You wont need a SC to win, but it would sure help :banana:

Driven correctly a 01+ Lightning will run low to mid 13's. However a lot of people are getting in the 14 sec range. You won't need a supercharger to beat a stock one, but you better have some pretty good mods if you are going to take one with a good driver. Don't underestimate them, they are pretty quick.

OOSteedaGT said:
Yes I have raced one, and may i say i can race him whenever i want, he is my boss. Well his is a 00' with a Air Aid Intake, aftermarket exhasut. Well with my mods below i am able to hang with him, when we went to the track i won the 1/4. In street racing i stayed ahead of him and really put a car on him between 75-90, then he started to pull on me and got ahead of me. You wont need a SC to win, but it would sure help :banana:
You ran a best of 14.1 and beat his Lightning?? Did he not get any traction or something??

:shrug:

Well when we went it was outragoulsy hot at the track so no one was doing good, not even him. But when we ran on the street like i said, i took him from the dig cuz he slipped more than i did, then from 75-90 i got a good lead, then from about 100 he started to pull me. I also ran the 14.1 without my gears, we raced while i had my gears, too see if they gave me anything :shrug:

Yep, A truck. A supercharged 5.8L Truck.. I wouldn't say it was very heavy, considering my car weighs 4500 LBS. L's are a mean car, and i dont excatly know if he would take me top end, all i know is about 100 he started to catch up but i held my ground, then we shut down at about 120 becasue there were 2 cars ahead of us.

OOSteedaGT said:
Yep, A truck. A supercharged 5.8L Truck.. I wouldn't say it was very heavy, considering my car weighs 4500 LBS. L's are a mean car, and i dont excatly know if he would take me top end, all i know is about 100 he started to catch up but i held my ground, then we shut down at about 120 becasue there were 2 cars ahead of us.
Why does your car weigh 4500 lbs?

Lightning = 5.4 liter. Your car weighs 4500lbs? so you weigh about 1000lbs?? Lightnings are fastest from 20-100mph. They dont go much faster than 120mph.

A nice red lightning didnt want to race me at a light once, he was about my age too (18). I thought I could get him off the line a little, then he would pass me about 30 or 40. Too bad I couldn't find out though. :(

4670 lbs.

Exterior
Length: 208 in. Width: 79.1 in.
Height: 70.9 in. Wheel Base: 119.8 in.
Curb Weight: 4670 lbs. Gross Weight: 6050 lbs.
Interior
Front Head Room: 40.8 in. Front Hip Room: 61 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 63.8 in. Front Leg Room: 40.9 in.
Maximum Seating: 3

:scratch:

Straight from the Ford SVT site.

Wheelbase: 119.8 in. (3,043mm)
Length: 208 in. (5,283mm)
Height: 70.9 in. (1,801mm)
Width: 79.1 in. (2,009mm)
Track, f/r : 65.3 in. / 65.3 in. (1,661mm / 1,661mm)
Head Room: 40.8 in. (1,036mm)
Leg Room: 40.9 in. (1,039mm)
Shoulder Room: 63.8 in. (1,621mm)
Hip Room: 61.0 in. (1,549mm)
Curb Weight : 4,670 lbs. (2,120 kg)
Fuel Capacity : 25 gallons (94.62 liters)
Weight Distribution, f/r: 57% / 43%
Payload: 1350 lbs. (612 kg)
Towing Capacity: 5,000 lbs. (2,270 kg)

as a former owner of a 01 lightning..you stand no chance at all...maybe stock lightning vs. modded stang...only way...i had a pulley,chip,filter,exhaust,intake, ran 8.0s in the 1/8th with a 1.84 60'
on radials...not bashing you but i know from owning one.i now have a saleen so i have a bunch of mods needed to catch up to what i used to run..

The 00 L was only rated at 360 HP and had 3.55 gears. It is possible that you could have beat him on a humid day. The 01+ have a rating of 380 and 3.73 gears. My 03 has chip,CAI and a pulley installed. Basically unless a GT has a Vortec or NOS it will get waxed. I can give a stock 03 Cobra a hard way to go as well. Traction for the L is the key to 1.8 60'