Mustang Ii Interior Problem.

Jim 427

Feb 3, 2014
Hi, I am new to this forum, and need some help. Trying to prep my car for new carpet, and cannot fathom how to remove the plastic shroud (non-console type) around the parking brake lever. Fasteners are hidden, and Haynes manual (yecch!) shows no detail, neither in words or pix. I don't want to break it; I'm sure they are scarce!

Jim427

• Sponsors (?)

It's been a long time and I may be wrong, but I think they just snap into place? :shrug: I know I had one at one time, but don't remember for the life of me right now....

I'm no help!! :bang:

I don't have one either (have the console) but my Haynes manual says it snaps on. From the picture it looks like you'd reach a hand under the back part of the cover and pull out and up (there looks to be a tab molded into the cover which snaps under the metal bracket, you're trying to pry that away to clear the bracket, I imagine pushing back on the whole cover at the same time would help). Rotate forward and remove from the lever. It looks good on paper but definitely be careful, those old parts are sometimes pretty fragile.