MUSTANG II TIRE SIZE

I am restoring my Mustang 1978 COBRA II and have purchased some 4 bolt Magnum 400 wheels....my dilemma is deciding on what size tires to go with...do I go with 4 the same ....a little bigger in back than front ...I would actually like to see some pictures of MUSTANG II cars with 15 inch tires with sizes to help me make my decision. I have a 1976 COBRA II and it has 235/60/15 on back and 195/60 /15 on front....however I dont want this look for this car.....any pictures or help would be appreciated. Thank you !!

• Sponsors (?)

Could always check out this thread in the "Best Of" sticky, lots of different combos.

But here's a few of mine. The first is with 13s all around, I don't recall the sizes anymore but I believe the back was 245/50-13.

2021-02-28_11-13-28.jpg

And here it is right after I changed to my current setup. 165/80-15 front, 265/50-15 rear.

2021-02-28_11-13-37.jpg

I've not run equal sizes on all 4 corners since the late 80s/early 90s. :shrug:

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks...I am the original owner of mine. If you can fit bigger ones in back that will always give you some better traction. Always an issue with the 302. But I wouldn't go smaller in front just to make the back one bigger. I went with the widest I could fit in the back and matched them up front. I like the look of matching sizes but its personal preference as some people like the racing look bigger ones give.
The picture below was taken by a professional photographer for the Mustang II 40th anniversery by the Ford Mustang II rep.
IMG_0929.JPG

Yes that is Farrah Fawcett lookalike they hired for the shot.
Heres a shot of what I have done to the engine.

Attachments

• IMG_1111.JPG
    IMG_1111.JPG
    439.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Drool
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Farrah look a like has BIG feet....lol.....Thanks again ....I like the 4 tire the same look....however I like the bigger smaller look as well....so torn on what to do...car is in paint shop now so I have time to contemplate some more.

Thanks...I am the original owner of mine. If you can fit bigger ones in back that will always give you some better traction. Always an issue with the 302. But I wouldn't go smaller in front just to make the back one bigger. I went with the widest I could fit in the back and matched them up front. I like the look of matching sizes but its personal preference as some people like the racing look bigger ones give.
The picture below was taken by a professional photographer for the Mustang II 40th anniversery by the Ford Mustang II rep.
IMG_0929.JPG

Yes that is Farrah Fawcett lookalike they hired for the shot.
Heres a shot of what I have done to the engine.
She's cute but doesn't look like Farrah Fawcett

Reactions: 1 users
I am restoring my Mustang 1978 COBRA II and have purchased some 4 bolt Magnum 400 wheels....my dilemma is deciding on what size tires to go with...do I go with 4 the same ....a little bigger in back than front ...I would actually like to see some pictures of MUSTANG II cars with 15 inch tires with sizes to help me make my decision. I have a 1976 COBRA II and it has 235/60/15 on back and 195/60 /15 on front....however I dont want this look for this car.....any pictures or help would be appreciated. Thank you !!
225/60-14's

Attachments

• king.jpg
    king.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: 2 users