mustang just broke down, help!

andrw

Feb 1, 2003
new jersey
well let me start by saying this morning i got hit in the back, not bad, just a scratch..

now, i head to the bank. car is running fine, i go about 8-9 miles to the joint, and about 3 blocks from it i start noticing this noise in the throttle. when i hit the gas, it makes this real faint clatter. but not like no oil clatter, like if you could imagine you putting a pencil in a fan while it was going.

so i get to the bank, and its really going now. TAP TAP TAP TAP, really really loud, and the car is like, it feels like theres a miss. the car stalls in the line. i start it up and its even LOUDER. i pull up to the window, turn the car off because its just too crazy, get my money and go to start the car. nothing. doesnt turn over. just makes a little *TICK* noise like when your battery is just about dead.

now what...in the hell....is wrong?!?!#@ thanks for any responses.

• Sponsors (?)

now it starts, but there is this loud ass clattering noise as it runs. almost like it has no oil, checked the oil, very little in it. put a few quarts in, still noisy.

on top of that my power steering cap is soaked, the top of it. and im leaking some unknown dark liquid onto the ground. any thoughts?