Mustang Miles

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys, I just went over 240000 miles on my 95 5.0! Did thry ever build a stronger powerplant. I have never even had the heads off. Clutch is the only major thing I have had to do on it. As you can tell I drive it alot and that's even in the snow(damn it!) Curious what everyone else has as far as milege.

219,000 miles still daily driver !!!
At 217,000 i reved in first with clutch in let it out fast hard and clunk
no go
took it in a broken in two main shaft and rebuild t-5 and $1600 later and a week later daily driver again and still going.
I do believe the eng has never been apart but it uses 1qt. oil every 500 miles or so now.
It,s been using 1 qt every 800 miles at 110,000 miles up till gradually using more oil not really leaking.
Original owner i got it from said it always used about 1qt every 800 miles since new i believe:nice:

my cars got over 150k on it, i rebuilt my engine and its got less than 15k on it and i had my t5 rebuilt and its got less than like 7k on it! runs good!

a good maintained 5.0 will run until no tommorow. they may smoke but they will run!

nothing beats the feel of a worn out stock 5.0 engine, has its own feel to it and i like it, they rev up quick and run good, even if they do burn oil!

alot of times an engine will run best and in its prime as it starts getting alot of miles on it and starts wearing out!

160K and still runs strong as hell. Stock, and I shouldnt say this because I might jynx it but I get no blow by and 0 oil consumption of course I change my oil every 1500 to 2000 miles since I got it and never have it past 5500rpm (rarely even rev it that high) And its my daily driver getting 28mpg. Just rebuilt the old t5 about a thousand miles ago though. And I plan on rebuilding thise engine too just like I did the T5 for the hell of it. Also because I want to take it on a 14 hour trip and thats probably the only way my g/f would feel fine doing it. Though I know this motor will do it:D

Some of you guys are making me sick! I only wish I have that low of miles.... I have around 92k with more than double the power output at the wheels and crank and still running strong! nothing maintanence wise, and STILL THE STOCK CLUTCH!! :eek:

As in my sig, over 283,00 miles on my daily driver. The only things done to the motor are valve cover gaskets (I hate leaking oil) and water pump. It does smoke a little in the morning, but still runs very well.