Mustang Radio Issue. Can Barely Hear.

98Mustang2017

May 3, 2017
ct
I need to turn the radio nearly all the way up just to barely hear it.
There has been an aftermarket radio installed/hard-wired. I think i read somewhere that the stock amplifier is non-compatible with aftermarkets but I havent even seen the amp yet. I looked behind the back seat, under the front seats, and even behind the radio and all i see is the airbag module.

hmmm.

• Sponsors (?)

Mach 460 or regular one? Had a similar problem on my '02 GT(Mach 460) and had to pull the POS replacement head and go through the wiring and reading everything I could online and a great sticky on it. Once I figured out the problem I got with Crutchfield for the correct harness(s) and even called and talked to their Tech to get it sorted out.

Mach 460 or regular one? Had a similar problem on my '02 GT(Mach 460) and had to pull the POS replacement head and go through the wiring and reading everything I could online and a great sticky on it. Once I figured out the problem I got with Crutchfield for the correct harness(s) and even called and talked to their Tech to get it sorted out.

Its a base v6 mustang.
i havent come across amplifiers, i dont know where they are located unless they have been removed which i hope they have in this case because all wires are accounted for except i do not see the dark blue wire.

It must be a short somewhere.
i drove my car today like it was the last day ever and the stereo kicked on. Lights, bass, speakers. Then i turned it up loud to check out the killer bass and it vibrated loose again LOL. Light still comes on though.