Mustang rims and tires

yaboy4life93

Jul 11, 2011
Hey guys, I currently have black and chrome no-name rims on my white stang. They look phenomenal, but don't exactly scream muscular.With that, I have decided to buy new ones. I was thinking I could put 19s and bypass having to lower the car, as this would fill in that wheel well soace. What do you think about this. If no what about 18s? If 18s, what size tire is sufficient. I was thinking 245/35 18s all around, or is this too slim.

• Sponsors (?)

19 seems to big in my opinion, tire size depends on tire width too not just height usually with a muscle car you want staggered rims meaning wider in the back I would recommend Some 18x9 in the front and 18x10 in the back and also keep in mind the bigger the rim the thinner the tire the more expensive its gonna be every time you replace tires:)

I have 225/45/17 on the front and 275/40/18 on the rear. Couple that with H&R springs which drop the ride height down about 1-1/4" and the result is very good. Gives the car that "bigs and little" look kinda like a car at the drags.

Well I have a white stang with 5 percent tint all around, except for a portion of the windshield. Combined with the black stock grille and other black accents, black rims make it look bad ass. I have black rims on their now, but they aren't mustang-like. How do you all feel about stock 99-04 bullit rims with lowering springs? If inclined to put these bullit rims on such a car, would 225/45/17 all around look mean, as I would like to rotate my tires, meaning no staggered setup?

i recently put new wheels on mine. i got 17's though. i would not recommend anything over 18". and you should get staggered. i got 17x9 in the front with 275 Sumitomo tires, and 17x10.5 in the rear with 315 Sumitomo's.
photo (1).JPG