Mustang Steve clutch cable question.

• Sponsors (?)

:lol: I know exactly what you mean. I drove my friends 64 1/2 and damn, was it a pain....even with the stock clutch. However, I can't afford to do a hydro clutch just yet, so for the time being I am going to run a cable clutch. I am making the Mustang Steves one (before anyone goes off on me sealing R&D, just let me make it clear that Mustang Steve gives away the dimensions on his website), but I noticed that there is a hole in the quadrant, and was wondering what it was for. I am thinking that is the mounting point to hold the quadrant on a lath so they can cut the guide.

-Shaun

Quadrant_Side.jpg

There doesn't seem to be any use for it in the installation. Perhaps it was used in the manufacturing process or use in a jig.

Attachments

• Quadrant_Side.jpg
    Quadrant_Side.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 122
ah! Thats the supre-exclusive "Drilled Quadrant" for extra heat dissapation during rapid clutching! ;)

I think you are right. I have an EARLY MS quadrant on mine and it has no such hole in it. I feel cheated, somehow....... ;)

I have the complete mustang steve clutch setup and mine shifts just like my 89 saleen. When you guys are converting to 5spds are using late model bellhousing??? I am really puzzled by your trouble with pushing in the the clutch cable... No drama here...

mine has the fox bellhousing.at first i used the z-bar with the aluminum block and the fitting for the side of the motor.you had to be like ARNOLD to push the clutch in,switched to modern driveline's kit and the clutch is 100% better(read...mere mortals can now hold the clutch in at redlights)...lol

I love my setup. I also added a power boster for my 4 wheel disc brake setup. I have to stay off ebay for a month and the wife said I can spring for willwoods at all four corners.... I used the king cobra clutch with all foxbody parts and the car shifts like a dream...

my clutch cable is great, it clutches just like a fox body, probably because it actualey used a fox quadrant :D

Maybe the hole is for heat dissipation and WEIGHT savings, less inertia when hitting the clutch lol