Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for my “bucket list” gift, I get 3 laps around a race track. Driving, with instructor.....

In this
2A654DEC-29C2-46D5-8940-D6B14CCDE9C2.jpeg

june 6th is my race date. I’m pumped!!

her 40th is 2 weeks after mine. I need to step it up!

• Hell Yeah!
  • Agree
Reactions: 9 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Happy Birthday!
They all told me that after 40 your body goes downhill! I think I proved them wrong till 45, but man these past three years, I’m starting to feel it!

Ok, exhaust issue was an easy fix. I slotted the holes. Not pretty, but got the job done.

Before
E385173F-591E-42E3-A616-E18AEECA8D4E.jpeg

and after a hack of a time drilling. Not my best work, but it won’t be seen.
FD4B01A2-63C1-4539-A56F-EDD05CAD3787.jpeg

but that allowed me to move the hanger up a bit and allow the flanges to seat. I didn’t install the h-pipe yet. I have a question I need to answer first.

Also I took my own advice from another thread. Using mild steel 12pt on the collector to x-pipe connection with brass nuts

5366C26B-AFEB-4CC6-849F-8D6FB233DABB.jpeg
I am going try to type this without the risk of being misinterpreted. Use two brass nuts per bolt to prevent the flange from getting loose.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm 51 ( UGHHH ) !
I have to admit getting older never bothered me physically , but now that I'm 50+ physically I can tell a difference
in my strength , ability to recoup etc.

The race track laps will be really cool !
What track are you going to ?

The race track laps will be really cool !
What track are you going to ?

New Hampshire Motor Speedway.

only a 1.6 mile road course. I’m sure I’ll be grinning ear to ear the entire time. I’ve been wanting to get up close to a GT500 and now I get to rip around in one. I can’t wait

Reactions: 2 users
I'm turning 50 on March 17
Been a runner for almost 10 years, doing tri's for 8 years
Doing my first 50k trail run on May 1st
roughly the same, more marathons than i can count, got into tri's and have competed at multiple distances, 5 IMs in the bag.. short stuff this year.
goal last year was Boston but COVID jacked me on that as i peaked in my training.. Congrats and will need to keep tabs on those who enjoy the suffering such as i. :)

Reactions: 1 user
I have a feeling it might.

I autocrossed in my younger years. It was a blast and the only thing that prevented me from doing it more was cost of tires since I was racing my daily driver and was a broke post-college kid.

now, as I search for a new daily driver I told the wife I might need an F150 because “I’ll need something to tow my track car with”

so it is on the mind. I was thinking of picking up a cheap new edge, or S197 and just gutting it and install safety gear and just go have fun regardless of how competitive the car is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
After your 1st track lap, you will have no idea how you were interested in autocrossing (all day for just a few minutes of driving). If you build a track car, consider 1st finding one that is already built, then take it to the level you want. Used race cars are cheap. If you stick with HPDE's speed will be irrelevant. Ive been to NHIS with SCCA many many many times over 25+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.