Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I know you’re having a blast driving GT 500’s all around the track…….. all good fun and games……. And a great video……. but I’m really looking for feedback on that Bassani cat back, and how it holds up to no air pump. So can you please get focused on the task at hand here!!! Lol And get that Foxbody running around town again!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I think I would have pulled over and pushed the gabby passenger OUT of the car......

His coaching was a big help. There was a lot of stuff going on considering that was only my 4-6th lap with the car on the track, so some if his reminders definitely helped me such as him letting me know I should be rolling on the power. If he wasn't telling me that, I think i would have coasted a bit more through turns, and wheres the fun in that. I probably didn't need as many reminders on where the turn and apex cones were. I had those down well.

110MPH is a good speed for that track down the main straight. Most folks there (first timers mostly) were only doing 90-100MPH. I think I almost hit 100MPH on the smaller straight after the main one and that's only because he was coaching me to start building speed as i was rolling out of the curve. Rolling hard into 760HP while in a 60-70MPH turn just seems to be the most un-Mustanglike thing you'll ever want to do. There was one corner when I went too hard too soon and had a little skip-out. The T/C caught it.

I can already see where I could have done better, especially on the double-S turns that setup before the main straight. I should have started building speed much sooner and probably could have hit 120MPH. I should have been rolling on the gas right at 4:06 and probably could have gotten another 10MPH at the top end. It's amazing how much grip the car has in general, but at the same time it's power is still somewhat intimidating.

The Brakes. OMFG. 4:42 was the hardest braking i did with the car. 100MPH with a wall in front of you. The video loses a lot of the sense of how fast that wall comes up on you and makes it seem things are further away from you than they are.

I was sweating when i got out of the car.

I think i'll do it again next year....

EDIT: The GT500 had 14K miles on it at the time. It had a full tank of gas, and the low fuel light was on. 43 miles to empty :rlaugh:

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
I know you’re having a blast driving GT 500’s all around the track…….. all good fun and games……. And a great video……. but I’m really looking for feedback on that Bassani cat back, and how it holds up to no air pump. So can you please get focused on the task at hand here!!! Lol And get that Foxbody running around town again!

I gotta get my tune dialed in first before I can really start cruising. It starts, runs and idles well but I can tell it's a tad bit on the rich side.

Ok, so the high has worn off a bit (kinda). Back to the fox.

I have to give LMR credit. 4 months after purchase and even after being installed, they agreed to take the MRT hood strut kit back without much hassle. 20% restock fee however. Given that the kit was $140 and barely held the hood up, i'll take it. Not sure I would feel comfortable selling it to someone given how I was dissatisfied in how it did the one things it's supposed to do. Anyway, $112 is probably better than i would have done selling it on Ebay.

Starting to work on finishing up my fender and bumper alignment. I discovered that my bumper and fenders are aligned about 1/4" offset to the pass side. I found this out when i went to bolt on the two bumper header panel to rad core supports. They were aligned when i took the car apart, so I need ot work on aligning them. Unfortunately that means loosening up everything and trying to shift it all over to the driver's side. I'm trying to avoid taking the nose off to get this done.

I still need ot install the hood latch and safety catch. I took that off so i can align the fenders and not have to drop the hood to get it to catch to see the fit. So no cruises down the road yet given nothing holding my hood closed.

I think one of the SS braided lines rubs. These Stoptech/MM lines are shorter than the Goodridge lines i had before, which gives me less flexibility in my install. I may have to swap these out. My C6 calipers have the banjo location lower, and I might need that extra length.

Inner fender lines also need to go back in once the fenders are fully in place.

The list is getting shorter. TBH the fact i don't have a hood latch is the major reason no real test drivers other than turning it around in the street and such.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok, so the high has worn off a bit (kinda). Back to the fox.

I have to give LMR credit. 4 months after purchase and even after being installed, they agreed to take the MRT hood strut kit back without much hassle. 20% restock fee however. Given that the kit was $140 and barely held the hood up, i'll take it. Not sure I would feel comfortable selling it to someone given how I was dissatisfied in how it did the one things it's supposed to do. Anyway, $112 is probably better than i would have done selling it on Ebay.

Starting to work on finishing up my fender and bumper alignment. I discovered that my bumper and fenders are aligned about 1/4" offset to the pass side. I found this out when i went to bolt on the two bumper header panel to rad core supports. They were aligned when i took the car apart, so I need ot work on aligning them. Unfortunately that means loosening up everything and trying to shift it all over to the driver's side. I'm trying to avoid taking the nose off to get this done.

I still need ot install the hood latch and safety catch. I took that off so i can align the fenders and not have to drop the hood to get it to catch to see the fit. So no cruises down the road yet given nothing holding my hood closed.

I think one of the SS braided lines rubs. These Stoptech/MM lines are shorter than the Goodridge lines i had before, which gives me less flexibility in my install. I may have to swap these out. My C6 calipers have the banjo location lower, and I might need that extra length.

Inner fender lines also need to go back in once the fenders are fully in place.

The list is getting shorter. TBH the fact i don't have a hood latch is the major reason no real test drivers other than turning it around in the street and such.
I worry about my hood all the time after hearing so many stories of them flying up…… I don’t blame you there!!

1/4" off? ? Ain't that within factory specs???
Isn’t this how Ford did it back in the day
E040F32C-1F45-409B-83FD-7EB1219D2042.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.