Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Car looks awesome... is it ready to go for a drive yet? Also, can you recap what all you did to it over the last couple years when it was torn down? I know rust fix, SFC install, engine upgrades... but it's been a while.

Car looks awesome... is it ready to go for a drive yet?

Not quite. Few more things to do.

Finish aligning hood and fenders and bumper
Align the car
Fox the hood struts so they don’t interfere with the c/c plates
Bleed the brakes (big air bubble somewhere)
Charge ac
Address the tune (car runs rich)

May swap out the exhaust as well to the Borlas pro XS to quiet it up.

Also, can you recap what all you did to it over the last couple years when it was torn down? I know rust fix, SFC install, engine upgrades... but it's been a while.

Fixed both strut towers
Paint bay
Hydroboost
Engine build on stock short block
Install SFCs
Sound deadening
New 1/4 windows
Aftermarket k-member
Refresh the interior a bit
Restore/refresh anything I took out before putting it back in

Reactions: 2 users
Saw an SN95 with “my” wheels on. Figured I had to throw them on. As much as I love the 98 cobra wheels, these pop more on my car

BB02E48B-1673-409F-83DC-29159FD6C3ED.jpeg
114F8DDC-8C9F-4CC4-92C9-A12EFCDB41D0.jpeg

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Back to work. Really gotta get those rear seat belt bolts out. Prepped these in case it comes down to it. Right now I’m soaking in ATF/acetone and will clean up the threads on the backside so I can try to get the on I welded the nut to out.

0D819F70-ABD4-4BB2-BA24-355A4A2A8A58.jpeg

Also I figure it’s time for this
814EE3E3-25CC-4A92-8A15-BE0DDF3433F1.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Fired up the car today to test the AC compressor. I put a small shot of N2 into the a. Back in jan/feb. Glad to see when I checked pressure it didn’t lose any at all.

However it wasn’t enoigh pressure to activate the compressor, so I bumped it to 50 psi and that did the trick.

Compressor cycle was so quiet that all you hear is the click of the clutch and that’s it. No other noise. That was one of my concerns when I rebuilt the compressor.

Now I can vacuum and charge.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Fired up the car today to test the AC compressor. I put a small shot of N2 into the a. Back in jan/feb. Glass to see when I checked pressure it didn’t lose any at all.

However it wasn’t enoigh pressure to activate the compressor, so I bumped it to 50 psi and that did the trick.

Compressor cycle was so quiet that all you hear is the click of the clutch and that’s it. No other noise. That was one of my concerns when I rebuilt the compressor.

Now I can vacuum and charge.
Hurry up…… I want to hear this thing start and run down the road……. And a full report on the Bassani XPipe. Lol

Does it take 112 ounces of R12, or did you just buy some extra?

Bought extra over the years as deals pop up, or a see a can or two at an local estate sale.

Original fill was 40 oz, but after listening to a few pros on https://autoacforum.com/, i'm going to charge with 34 ounces initially and see what my pressures are. The reason for this is due to the change in equipment. New condensers are made differently with smaller internal volume, so the charge amount must be reduced.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the kids and wife to sleep, grabbed a beer and went into the garage.

Starter pulling my vacuum. Got my cans together, my scale, my ac guages all setup.

Got the vacuum nice and low and around 10pm was all set to charge…..

E587B166-1676-4777-ADB2-D3C37721AD2D.jpeg

Then I realized I have to start the car for this next step. Oops. Yeah, I’ll have to wait for some other (day) time

Reactions: 3 users
While your on AC..... Let me OT this
Do I have any options when I unhook my AC parts besides adding to the ozone????
Not even sure there is any freon left after 25 years of sitting...
DSCF0979.JPG

Depress one of the two shraeder valves and see if there is any pressure in the system. If you don't hear the hiss of gas, the system is empty and you can disconnect.

If it's full, i doubt you can get a recover machine to the car to properly pull it out. There are ways to recover without a machine, but it's tricky to really do.

Reactions: 1 users
Depress one of the two shraeder valves and see if there is any pressure in the system. If you don't hear the hiss of gas, the system is empty and you can disconnect.

If it's full, i doubt you can get a recover machine to the car to properly pull it out. There are ways to recover without a machine, but it's tricky to really do.
Thanks...

Ok this was bugging me. The MM hydroboost pedal sticks out like a sore thumb.

So how do I get this pad on the pedal so it matches? Well for one, the curvature of the pedal is different.

D370B512-6FB3-4C50-9ECB-13F9B4FFAF4F.jpeg

So I came up with this in CAD. Plan is to laser cut the three parts, bend the pedal to a certain radius, and weld it up.

AEE67BBE-6260-45D6-9965-BFE4B60056A2.jpeg

I gotta see if I can pick up a 94-04 pedal to measure. I need the dimensions of the actual metal pad support. I only want to cut this once, vs doing trial and error.

• Useful
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.