Mustang5l5's Progress Thread - Archived Progress thread '08-'20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have to move or bend around your factory brake lines or does the master cylinder end up the same spot? It's difficult to tell form the pictures if the hydroboost unit ends up being at the same depth as it does with the vacuum booster.

Great build by the way! It's really fun to check out your progress. Nice work!

maximum motorsports has lines that connect the hydroboost to the stock PV. I don’t yet understand the relation of where the hydroboost ends up relative to the stock setup.

I plan on welding in the frame rail this weekend, and then doing some hydroboost test fitting. So perhaps this time next week I can show some pics showing the setup and how it will install and where the strut tower brace will contact. Stay tuned.

• Sponsors (?)

Deciddd to play around a bit with it. MM supplies the socket to get the nut off. I used an impact and after removing the snap ring, it zips right off.

759B1356-CC41-4138-BB1D-9BE8EE640811.jpeg

difference in the oe mounting plate and the MM plate
885F463D-F3B5-41D0-BFBE-3233CB936FB4.jpeg

mocked up. Not torqued just yet.

BB49AB1F-11C5-4676-ABF2-3839B9A4058F.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
well, LMR indicated I might be waiting a while for my pedal. Looks like MM has a huge backlog due to people working/staying at home and ordering stuff. I also got the impression LMR needed to "buy" the pedal from MM, which seems unfair because the box I received was a redirected MM package, so it left the factory without the pedal pad. Good thing car isn't going anywhere, but I wanted to start to play with it to see if I can get the Bullitt style pedals mounted.

Anyway, given the backlog, I went ahead and ordered a bunch of MM stuff from LMR that I will need this fall. I figure i'd rather have it in hand, vs potentially waiting a month or so. Just browsing around, their K-member kits are not due in stock until Sept according to LMR's site.

Anyway, i'm degreasing, taping off, and painting the hydroboost. Then I will assemble is and do a test fit perhaps. My priority this weekend is to finish prep of the frame rail, and get that welded in. I took Mon off to accomplish this and will use some time on the weekend to complete prep. I need to adjust the tower fitup a bit to get it tighter for welding, and drill some prep holes to spot-weld my frame splice tube ahead of the tower. Another hour or so, plus a quick sand down to bare metal and i'm ready to weld it in.

After that, i'll still need to prep and install the rails top plate, and the fender aprons before and behind the tower.

Then we weld in some of the holes. I'm just going to take care of some of the obviously visible holes you see when you pop the hood. I plan on running the stock airbox, and battery in the stock location, so i'm not going crazy filling in holes that will never be seen. Just some on the firewall, and on the tower's sides and front and some of the front fender holes.

After all that fun stuff, paint!!

Then i can start assembling this thing. BTW....Sept 22nd is when i last started the engine, and started to disassemble the car. Looks like we will easily make it past that mark.

I'll still need to yank the dash to perform the hydroboost pedal install, a new clutch quadrant, and pull the HVAC box in order to install the new Evap core for my AC system. Lots to do here.....

Reactions: 1 users
Ok, didn’t get to the garage like I wanted. I woke up one AM with a stiff/sore neck and it snowballed to the point I couldn’t move and had to seek out a Dr for some good meds. Recovering now, so slight delay in my plans.

anyway, was feeling better today so decided to paint up one of my ATS brembos. I used the same technique as my current calipers. Clean, scuff, base Red, apply decal, clearcoat over, let dry several days before handling.

I should have put the pony on, with a small a Brembo under...but too late. Or is it.

Yes, I like flashy red brakes.
3047DCB4-5928-4127-8530-C354CEF6D90F.jpeg

142F4DE9-A0C4-43C0-94C2-0619FC98C558.jpeg

F76D822A-53A3-4C27-8590-11AD869A9FBB.jpeg

DFDF9DB4-A28F-4D78-83E8-A7638F1ACF88.jpeg

F0796468-65F7-4D43-8C48-476D7660128E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 5 users
Throw a rubber pad on from the "HELP" section of your favorite Brand X local parts store.

it’s not the pad, it’s the entire mount. It’s adjustable.

LMR got it sorted out. They dud all the legwork and kept calling me to update. Was actually pretty impressed. MM sending me one next week.

guess their demand is up and they are on reduced staff.

This bad Larry was missing from the box.

BTW, I did score an SN95 pedal cluster, so I’m hoping the clutch pedal will swap with the fox pedal so I can properly install my bullitt pedals finally

ABFCDD1B-5F19-4C68-A8DF-E8268DF5F135.jpeg
What’s a bad Larry?
One of my cats name is Larry.....He’s only a bad Larry when he brings a living thing through the cat door in his mouth.

Did the other one. Used a fresh cam of paint. Same exact color, but didn’t notice til side by side they are slightly different.

yeah...I’m just gonna let that go.
4FA5D848-BD38-44EE-98C9-7F1F49E2A574.jpeg

If somebody notices that from one side to the next, they’re on another level. I’d let it go too! Lookin good nonetheless!!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Also, some new parts showed up. I didn’t want to get caught up in the MM backlog so I ordered these now while they were in stock.

brake line adapters from hydroboost MC down to stock prop valve.

steering rack bushings for the mm k-member

bolt through bumpsteer kit conversion. I still need to ream my 96+ spindles to fit these.
9DFE1183-CCF2-4DB9-B1E9-F7F73ECDA4DE.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
After much debate....I think I’m NOT going to run the Explorer intake.

I think I want to run this
19777CEF-B0A7-4436-A7C7-9F7835A27B09.jpeg

Obviously it needs a refinish, but I think this intake needs to be on my car. I installed it when I was 18 years old, and it was the first mod I ever did. It’s been on the car ever since, and kinda bummed to see it just sitting on the floor.

Ive also been reading on other forums that there is a difference in flow in the upper plenum, and the explorer upper isn’t that good.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 4 users
After much debate....I think I’m NOT going to run the Explorer intake.

I think I want to run this
19777CEF-B0A7-4436-A7C7-9F7835A27B09.jpeg

Obviously it needs a refinish, but I think this intake needs to be on my car. I installed it when I was 18 years old, and it was the first mod I ever did. It’s been on the car ever since, and kinda bummed to see it just sitting on the floor.

Ive also been reading on other forums that there is a difference in flow in the upper plenum, and the explorer upper isn’t that good.
I can see the sentimental value there.

Status
Not open for further replies.