Mustang5l5's Progress Thread - Archived Progress thread '08-'20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I’ve gone back and forth several times on valve covers. Can decide what style I want or color.

Decided to paint up the originals to toss on wiry the explorer intake and get a visual before deciding.

I wanted the black ford racing covers, but my thought is my engine doesn’t have enough black. I also like the idea of a silver/gray engine in an all black bay.

So these will wait.

EB021C9F-7C63-450D-A70A-FDC199A6AEDC.jpeg

Also going to order and engine stand from stumpys fab works to get the engine off the standard stand.

I figure I’m basically done, and the alternative stand will allow me to replace the rear main, bolt in clutch, flywheel and index bell and bolt up the t5.

Then I stuff it all into a corner of garage and time to work on the engine bay.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve gone back and forth several times on valve covers. Can decide what style I want or color.

Decided to paint up the originals to toss on wiry the explorer intake and get a visual before deciding.

I wanted the black ford racing covers, but my thought is my engine doesn’t have enough black. I also like the idea of a silver/gray engine in an all black bay.

So these will wait.

EB021C9F-7C63-450D-A70A-FDC199A6AEDC.jpeg

Also going to order and engine stand from stumpys fab works to get the engine off the standard stand.

I figure I’m basically done, and the alternative stand will allow me to replace the rear main, bolt in clutch, flywheel and index bell and bolt up the t5.

Then I stuff it all into a corner of garage and time to work on the engine bay.

No pic of them on the engine for a visual for us as well

:hail2:

The second(?) title of those Trick Flow covers say stamped steel,the description says cast aluminum.Then the customer pics show what looks like stamped steel and the other cast.
Typical LMR,what exactly are they selling?
If in the end you buy those make sure to inquire,but at that price I say maybe stamped steel.:shrug:

Keep up the good work,I'll be doing the same in the spring so following along closely.
Edit:never mind,according to Summit they are cast alum.

Last edited:
The second(?) title of those Trick Flow covers say stamped steel,the description says cast aluminum.Then the customer pics show what looks like stamped steel and the other cast.
Typical LMR,what exactly are they selling?
If in the end you buy those make sure to inquire,but at that price I say maybe stamped steel.:shrug:

Keep up the good work,I'll be doing the same in the spring so following along closely.
Edit:never mind,according to Summit they are cast alum.

The photo is the wrong version trick flow cover. That’s an older stamped style . These are more rounded and cast alum.

Need to buy the oil fil port and add on. I’ll likelu go with these but I’ll thibk about it a bit. They look killer in black as well

They definitely have better looking valve covers for carbureted engines.

Agreed. These things are beautiful

These are machined in top, so might be a good compromise

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.