Mustang5l5's Progress Thread - Archived Progress thread '08-'20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Almost buttoned back up. See if I can get it finished during halftime tonight.

466C74D1-741F-4202-A997-8BB28BEE9F0E.jpeg

Btw, of your ever seen a rubber plug on the mainshaft near the speedo gear and wondered what it was. It’s a fluid seal.

Slips over the end of the output shaft and seals it from the outside. When you insert the driveshaft you push the plug in.
0912A585-A9A3-474B-8DE0-D1C88084E5D7.jpeg

D1AAE01A-F389-4205-BEE4-30710E570071.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Since I was so depressed about the Patriots not being in the Super Bowl I decided to skip the game and finish this sucker up.

Just need to pick up some fluid, pour some in and lube the gears so it can sit for a few months

797DC29B-6FD0-4435-B534-1903C67B931B.jpeg

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Looks like your kids have the same "roller coaster" ride toy thing (background of your pic) that my kids used to have. I cannot explain how happy I was the day we got rid of that thing.

Oh, and trans looks great too!

After my first order for the flywheel got bungled up (don't ask), I have my 2nd flywheel en route.

Didn't go for the billet piece. I was convinced to save my $100 and get another stocker. Should be able to wrap up the flywheel/clutch/bell install, and mate the trans, and stuff it all in the corner and officially move onto the car.

Weather is looking good. Hardly any snow this winter and pretty warm days in the 40''s. I can probably push the car outside to give it a good powerwash in the bay before I start.

After my first order for the flywheel got bungled up (don't ask), I have my 2nd flywheel en route.

Didn't go for the billet piece. I was convinced to save my $100 and get another stocker. Should be able to wrap up the flywheel/clutch/bell install, and mate the trans, and stuff it all in the corner and officially move onto the car.

Weather is looking good. Hardly any snow this winter and pretty warm days in the 40''s. I can probably push the car outside to give it a good powerwash in the bay before I start.

Get it done now you never now with this New England weather, 50* today but snow/sleet/freezing rain by Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.