Mustangs And Forza Motorsports

Michael Gordon

Active User
Jan 1, 2017
I really can't find any other forum to post this in, so here it is considering I own a 95 SN95. Anyone play with Forza? The only other Mustang that I've ever sat in was a brand new 87 5.0. My friend bought one when they came out. It was fast, but I really didn't care for the style. This still rings true, as I'm not a fan of the Fox today. Mustangs weren't really my thing anyway. In fact, cars in general weren't my thing back then.

Anyhow, a few years back, I started playing Forza. Hundreds of cars to choose from, and my goto car ended up being the 2010 Shelby GT500. This is my second experience with a Mustang. Although there are more expensive options , I found the Stang to have top notch handling for it's price range. If you don't have gaming experience, you buy cars with credits, that are pretty much on target with real world prices.

Fast forward to today. I bought my first Stang a month ago, quite accidentally, and I'm finding the real car to have some of the best handling I've ever driven. In fact, it is the best car I've ever had. I'm impressed with how solid Ford had made this car. It's over 20 years old, and feels like brand new. Who would have thought that a gaming system would steer me in the right direction?

• Sponsors (?)

Let me get this straight, forza is a video game not the name of the girl down the street.
You didn't like mustangs but you bought one.
And its 20 years old and you think it's a solid car.
You need medical help!
And you've come to the right place. We can have you bolting on a blower in no time,
Welcome to stangnet, now post some pics of the car and tell us your plans. And beer, bonus points if you post pics of weird beer

OK Karthief, let's get the pics out of the way.
Weird Beer. This is just delicious, and it's purple.
FB_IMG_1486304317495.jpg

I have posted a pic, before the accident, but here's another.
01515_1sAueciZ1wq_600x450.jpg

Now, thanks for making me laugh. I didn't care for that 87 Fox. Didn't know much of them until I drove it in the simulator. When I needed a car at Christmas, it was a toss up between an Eclipse, and this Mustang. I never looked back. Yes, I believe this 22 year old car to be solid. Oh, maybe you should see what I was driving before.
FB_IMG_1486305035756.jpg

Does this answer your questions? Hmmmm, let's see. A 20 year old Saturn vs a 20 year old Mustang. No contest. It's the V6 variety, so I don't think I'll be bolting anything on.

Ok, now I remember that car, the way you talked I took it that you were new to the sickness,
Purple beer? Wow have things changed since I stopped drinking beer. Bud, shulitz, pbr, old mil and coors if you could get it down here.
Whats happening with the car now?

Both the jokers who hit me have crappy insurance. I'm jumping in and out of the passenger door, and next Thursday I have an appointment with the second guys adjuster. The first one says they won't do anything until they talk to their insured, or 90 days have passed. I have a feeling that he's just going to keep dodging them. I have the picture with both their cars perpendicular to mine, with mine square in my lane like I should be. It's really no contest. I think it's going to come down to them splitting the cost. One will do my front end, and the other will do the door. I'm worried about the paint job. How will I know if they don't use the flex agent on the bumper?

Here's a good question. Do I keep my 78 King Cobra at stock aspiration, or drop a V8 in it? We're talking simulator now.

Both the jokers who hit me have crappy insurance. I'm jumping in and out of the passenger door, and next Thursday I have an appointment with the second guys adjuster. The first one says they won't do anything until they talk to their insured, or 90 days have passed. I have a feeling that he's just going to keep dodging them. I have the picture with both their cars perpendicular to mine, with mine square in my lane like I should be. It's really no contest. I think it's going to come down to them splitting the cost. One will do my front end, and the other will do the door. I'm worried about the paint job. How will I know if they don't use the flex agent on the bumper?

Here's a good question. Do I keep my 78 King Cobra at stock aspiration, or drop a V8 in it? We're talking simulator now.

That's not a good question. Stock aspiration has nothing to do w/ the size of the engine. It has to do with how the engine is getting it's air fed to it.
Here,...I'll just get this outta the way,..as I find your post inconsiderate. To balance that out, I'll apologize for this inconsiderate response in advance in the event that you are somehow physically unable to drive a car.

Coming on a fox forum and stating that you don't like a fox (even though you're driving one) -1. comparing that to a toss-up between a saturn SC1 and the v6 mustang you purchased, -2 (that you even compared the two) Then you state that it's "the best handling car you've ever driven" after having said that "real cars are not your thing?"-3
(What exactly were you referencing as a past example of a good handling car then if "cars were not your thing?")

Then you finish it by asking if you should swap the virtual engine out of the notoriously unpopular 78 mustang II.........In a game?

Says you're 49.....is that correct? Even though it's purple,...should you be drinking?

I'm sorry, but we're going to have to blame Stangnet on this one. It really isn't my fault that they lumped the SN95 in with the Fox. I'm driving the SN95. I'm comparing it to my Saturn because Karthief doubted the integrity of my 20 year old Mustang, and needed a point of reference to what I'm used to. My Mustang is as solid as a rock. That Saturn felt like it was going to fall apart over every bump. Now, as for not really being into cars, I was referring to back in my teenage years. That was a very long time ago. People change in 30 years. I'm going to refrain from calling out a game. It's a simulator with very excellent physics. It was in fact, this simulator, that pushed me into knowing that one day I will own a Mustang. It was supposed to be a GT500, but this SN95 fell in my lap, and it's my first one. There will be some more. Yes, I'm 49. What's your point?

Last edited:
Oh yeah, Mike, let me just reacquaint you with my post on your question about showing your car.

If you can't be there, then there's no point, in my opinion. Entirely up to you, but your post makes it sound like you're searching for reasons to not do it this time. That said, your display looks fantastic. Those painted PVC look good. Let me add, your car is sweet, and this is coming from the one guy who's not sharing the love of the Fox.

Last edited:
Ok guys let me smooth things over, while I'm not a gamer, I know they can be a blast and a teaching tool, and in a game as in real life you maybe better off with the v6 in that car lighter weight, can u update stuff like suspensions? Don't know the intent of the game.
I was not doubting the solid feel of the car as much as being impressed with finding a solid example. Sn95 platform is less flexable than the fox and being a v6 is less likely to be abused.
I think I kinda sent this off in left field, probably an attempt at thinking without sufficient amount of caffeine.
Sorry.

I'm sorry, but we're going to have to blame Stangnet on this one. It really isn't my fault that they lumped the SN95 in with the Fox. I'm driving the SN95. I'm comparing it to my Saturn because Karthief doubted the integrity of my 20 year old Mustang, and needed a point of reference to what I'm used to. My Mustang is as solid as a rock. That Saturn felt like it was going to fall apart over every bump. Now, as for not really being into cars, I was referring to back in my teenage years. That was a very long time ago. People change in 30 years. I'm going to refrain from calling out a game. It's a simulator with very excellent physics. It was in fact, this simulator, that pushed me into knowing that one day I will own a Mustang. It was supposed to be a GT500, but this SN95 fell in my lap, and it's my first one. There will be some more. Yes, I'm 49. What's your point?
My point is that you're now an official big boy. You can drive real cars, not simulated ones. I thought about a bunch of things when considering this reply sortie, like "maybe he doesn't have the money,. or..maybe he's somehow injured and cannot drive."

I thought about that.

But if you're 49 you were there, and of an age to be able to buy one of the ghastly Mustang II's, and in a position to buy one. If not new, at the very least in a previously owned version for very little money.
You should know that they were crap from first hand experience.
Matter of fact,...you were in a place in time where one of the 64.5 - 1973 classics were still affordable.
You'd also know that a fox mustang is a platform, and not just a body style.
You'd know that the car you drive is built on that platform, thereby making the car you drive a "fox mustang".
Unless you were one of the millions that just buy "a car" and could give a rats ass what badge is on the hood/fender, you'd know the difference between why people buy and restore a fox mustang, or any of the dozens of other models/brands of cars that attract people to a website like this.
Then you should also know that coming on a fox specific forum, and stating that you don't like a fox makes for a less than popular opinion of what you like.
That said,...my point is the same when I always make this particular argument.
Do some homework. The internet (as you well know) is a vast tool. All you have to do is a simple wiki search to learn about your fox mustang.

Lastly,....call it what you will to justify it. They don't call the people that attend the conventions "Simulators",....they call them gamers. It's a freakin video game, and it's far from real. You can have multiple monitors, a special chair, the pedals, the feedback wheel, and an audio system to convey a sense of reality to it.....it's still a game.
When you crash a real car, people can get hurt or die, and the thousands of dollars invested badly damaged or destroyed.

And that is something that you'll never have to worry about when you can hit a reset button.

So,.to reiterate,...if you have got something that stopped you from buying or driving a real car, I apologize.

But to me.. Real > fake.

Hahaha...my son has Forza. I just drove a 93 cobra...smacked every wall on the race course. Fun game....now back to the Superbowl.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't worry about it. I've put in a request to be deleted from here.
Hey Mike, now that you've met the grumpy version of mike, don't let it upset you.

There is truth that the SN95's were on the fox platform still, that doesn't make them the traditional understanding of a fox body mustang.

The reason that mustangs up to '95 are included in this subforum, mainly the pushrods engine that they came with.

Honest to god, let madmike roll off your back like the proverbial water off a duck's back. He's being a little btchy here for his peculiar reasons. Sometimes he forgets how to make friends.

I'm interested in your mustang and what you do with it.

I do see the difference between a mustang and a Saturn as well. I test drove a Saturn when they first came out and they rattled and squeaked even brand new. I never understood their little clubs that would meet and go for drives together......

The point is, you have a mustang you enjoy. i'm glad you're with us.