My ‘89 GT build

I cleaned the pistons with acetone if I remember right. It’s the same chemical as the spray foam stuff. Yes I installed, the tfs stage 1 cam. Read the fine print on the heads and you’ll see they easily clear a cam under .500 lift.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

1BD2FD3D-BAC8-4AA6-B423-8FB8589B690B.jpeg

Finally able to do more work, but only for a short time. First, I fit the Cobra booster before doing any body work. For those curious, I grinded the welds (I welded up all the bolt holes when I was welding up the rest of the engine bay) on the panel at the top of the firewall, put a skim coat of bodyfiller and then sanded it smooth. First using a 3m filing board with 80 grit, then hand sanding the hard to reach spots (with 80 grit). I scuffed the entire engine bay with Carborundum red scuff pads (my favorite) before primering it. If it wasn’t raining I might have shot it with some basecoat/clearcoat today also. Just a couple spots to fill/sand and it will finally be ready.

Reactions: 1 users
I will. I called Edelbrock this morning and they told me that I would have to add relief when using the 60399 5.0 Performer heads with 2.02" intakes. I see you have the factory E7ZA- 0 -CA forged pistons. I am going to see if there is an installation note on the SVE heads at LMR. I won't know until I tear the engine apart and check. Your heads look like a copy of those that I have.

I will. I called Edelbrock this morning and they told me that I would have to add relief when using the 60399 5.0 Performer heads with 2.02" intakes. I see you have the factory E7ZA- 0 -CA forged pistons. I am going to see if there is an installation note on the SVE heads at LMR. I won't know until I tear the engine apart and check. Your heads look like a copy of those that I have.

Not all heads are the same. Some angle the valves differently specifically to allow a larger lift without flycutting.

4206F639-831D-4570-AB16-631C55C9EE12.jpeg

DEBE2BCB-F11C-4871-9EE1-7C16DFEA14CF.jpeg

Basecoat/clearcoated the engine bay. The only spot that really mattered, the wiper cowl, got some dust in it. I may need to reshoot the cowl, but at least now I can start putting stuff back in the engine bay finally.

Reactions: 3 users
FD5722C1-C85A-4290-8D6D-17645A48E551.jpeg
CFC026B7-0C2A-4290-B369-ABB70ABD5EA6.jpeg

Doesn’t look like I did much today, but I spent about 8 hours on it today. Painted the rest of the engine bay, painted ac accumulator bracket, radiator brackets, distributor, cobra brake booster. Installed brake booster and new master cylinder (they are just in place and not bolted in yet though). Installed ac accumulator and bracket, distributor, pass side valve cover (swapped cork for felpro) and a few other hits on the engine. ARP flywheel bolts get here Monday. Hopefully by Friday I will have the engine and transmission in the car.

Standard valve angle heads this is correct . Those SVE heads are basically knock of Twisted wedge heads which work fine in this instance . I used tw heads with the same cam about 4-5 years ago and it worked fine