My ‘89 GT build

sigsterrr

Jan 12, 2019
Florida
Carmichael I do it with all the stuff in the garage mostly. I painted the body first so I can put all the interior back in and make more room in my garage and front living room.
I had turbulance reduction done on my nose to open the airways. Nothing major but it messed up my balance a little for a couple weeks.

• Sponsors (?)

sigsterrr

Jan 12, 2019
Florida
Today I was able to scuff (mostly with 800 grit) to get rid of any dust and put the other 2 coats of clear. So 4 coats of clear now. I’ll sand it (800 grit, 1200 grit, 1500, 2000, 2500 grit) then polish it in a day or two. I’m glad I can start to put the interior back in. I’m missing the large drain plug in the passenger rear seat area. I don’t really want to wait a week for the little part. I am thinking I will cut one out of 16 gauge steel to fit and seal it to the floor. I’ve never removed one to clean anyways. I’ll buy the part and stick it in the glove box if I ever remove the carpet.
44B53092-2611-4BA6-9337-E6A0D6C33156.jpeg

Jan 12, 2019
Florida
6764F944-DC19-4015-A9A3-5C580BBBF375.jpeg

I’ve been working on the car, but it’s goindg slow. Finally able to get the new carbon traclok installed. New axle bearings and seals while I was swapping the 5 lug axles and discs from the 97 axle. Kept the stock gears. Painted the rear quarter panel ground effects. The ones just behind the doors and just in front of the bumper. Need to put the ones by the bumper in so I can install the ready of the interior. Tomorrow I will sand the panels with 800 grit and add 2 more coats of clear. I should be able to polish and install them this weekend. Can’t seem to get the front springs reinstalled for the 5 lug (94-95 model) spindles. Already received my 13” rotors, pads and calipers. I’m looking for a used rear bumper that doesn’t have a bump in the middle, but I’ll probably just buy a brand new one. Any tips on getting the trans rear seal installed?

Rdub6

Dec 29, 2017
View attachment 625665

I’ve been working on the car, but it’s goindg slow. Finally able to get the new carbon traclok installed. New axle bearings and seals while I was swapping the 5 lug axles and discs from the 97 axle. Kept the stock gears. Painted the rear quarter panel ground effects. The ones just behind the doors and just in front of the bumper. Need to put the ones by the bumper in so I can install the ready of the interior. Tomorrow I will sand the panels with 800 grit and add 2 more coats of clear. I should be able to polish and install them this weekend. Can’t seem to get the front springs reinstalled for the 5 lug (94-95 model) spindles. Already received my 13” rotors, pads and calipers. I’m looking for a used rear bumper that doesn’t have a bump in the middle, but I’ll probably just buy a brand new one. Any tips on getting the trans rear seal installed?
The metal bushing, or the rubber seal on the trans?

Jan 12, 2019
Florida
The seal on the rear of the trans. Where the driveshaft slides in. I don’t have a socket that large. Tried tapping it in and it didn’t work.

Dec 29, 2017
The seal on the rear of the trans. Where the driveshaft slides in. I don’t have a socket that large. Tried tapping it in and it didn’t work.
Got ya..... I don’t remember what fitting it was, but I went into my pvc plumbing bin, and I found a piece that fit perfect around the edge of that seal, and tapped it in.

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Bitten by the hump back bumper too. I tried everything to get the bumper flat. My next step is to try and glue a piece of aluminum flat stock to the under side of it with 3m8115. I'll clamp it between two pieces and see what happens.

Feb 20, 2019
Indiana
sigsterrr, what do you do to keep the overspray down in the garage? Do you do much work outside or have some fan and filter arrangement? The paint finish in the pictures looks great out of the gun. What spray gun do you use and are you using PPG Finishes in your work.