My 03 GT vs BONE STOCK 94 LT1 TA

kramer03gt

Apr 4, 2005
madison, WI
Hey Guys just wanted a quick opionion on this,i hate doing these threads but this dork really annoyed me so im venting. So the other day i meet this real tool actually i dont even know if that can describe him.. ha., he owns a 94 BONE stock TA with an LT1, so we get to talking, and i mention the fact that i have a slighty modded 03 mustang GT. Then its like it is on like donkey kong, basically saying he will own me, and thinks his car is the fastest thing since the new z06. He had to be one of the cockiest people i think i have ever met, i was like wow, i cannot believe you were ever created. So i have a feeling im going to need to take care of some business, but was wondering if i really stood a chance or not, mine is an auto, and his is a 6 spd. But im sure he would win but i have a feeling i would definitly be able to give him a run for his money??

Thanks guys..:SNSign:
Steve

• Sponsors (?)

LSwhat..?

:D

Between you and the LT1 im gonna say drivers race. 6 speeds are quick if driven right, but your auto is consistant and you have the mod advantage over him.

BurningRubber said:
LSwhat..?

:D

Between you and the LT1 im gonna say drivers race. 6 speeds are quick if driven right, but your auto is consistant and you have the mod advantage over him.

im with u on this one when u say its a drivers race, i got a buddy out here with only a k&n air filter on his 6spd formula, and he was able too pull a 13.44 @105 at the track, and like you said the 6 spds are quick, alot better then the autos. if i where you i would go ahead and race and see how it goes, he prolly cannot drive for ***** anyway

ps :Track:

you mean this one?

View attachment 457112

LT1 was far from crafted by the hand of God. They are good motors if maintained, but many of them are getting old, and if ragged out and not taken care of they are dogs. Stock for stock they should be a drivers race with a PI 2V.

nesqwick_05 said:
im with u on this one when u say its a drivers race, i got a buddy out here with only a k&n air filter on his 6spd formula, and he was able too pull a 13.44 @105 at the track, and like you said the 6 spds are quick, alot better then the autos. if i where you i would go ahead and race and see how it goes, he prolly cannot drive for ***** anyway

ps :Track:

Was that 13.4 from an LT1 or LS1? LT1's are 93-97 in that body style, LS1 98-02. Thats quick if its an LT1... most of them are 14 or high 13's.

they are a drivers race for a 5-speed 99+ car.. the LT-1 car stick or auto is faster than a 99+ auto GT. not by much but it's faster.

Most 6-speed stock LT-1 cars trap 101-103.. So if you can't trap that high then your slower. Since I don't see all your mods listed I have no way of giving what I think will happen.

The A4 will run pretty much the same times as the M6 but the M6 will trap a higher mph.

There have been stock LT1 M6's that have ran 13.5 bone stock. I think he will have you beat by 1-2 cars if he can drive.

kramer03gt said:
actually my mods are pretty basic, i just have the demolet CAI, with dragron 75 mm and TB, i also just have a SLP loudmouth exhaust. Nothing to fancy.. but working on it :nice:

Yeah he probally is a little quicker than you.

here is a list of must have mods for a auto.

1. 4.10's
2. 3600+ stall converter. do not waste your time with 2800's or anything smaller than a 3400 since the stock stall is 2200-2700

3. J-mod and programmer.

I would also get a off road X pipe

The converter is the best mod short of going FI that you can do to your car. Some on here will mislead you into thinking you will always be at 3600 with a big converter like that, anybody that tells you that has never driven a car with a big converter. durring normal light throttle driving including leaving lights at less than 1/4 throttle your rpm's will be more like 2400 tops. and on the highway the converter locks up and you will be at the same rpm's as you were with a stock converter.

you do those mods and you will OWN him..

Ya, if you don't want to take the chance of having to listen to this guy incase his car is well taken care of and he can actually drive a 6spd, you should either not race him or do what svttech suggests.

my 96 Auto T/A is pretty quick. I would say if your basicaly stock PI GT with auto, i have to say T/A auto would own you, not by much, but it will own you. If T/A is with 2.73 gear, and you drive your car to perfection, i think GT would win.
6spd is hard to tell. They are faster. But I've seen prenty of morons with T/A and Z28(specialy with SS with 3.4x gear)with who smokes 1st and 2nd gear like its their job, losin varuable time with 6spd....