My 1967 Coupe (kate) Has A 289 With A Cam And 4 Barrel Carb, Looking Into Efi...

Im considering Electronic Fuel Injection, for snappier response and better mileage. Any real world review would be awesome. Id love to hear from people on what doesn't work and whats a huge pain in the ass as well as success stories. Im looking in the 2000.00 range.

Attachments

• KATE.jpg
    KATE.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 194
  • Sponsors (?)

Bump. still looking for help on this.
hey man, JUST saw your question to me about this on an older post.
i was between a 5.4, 4.6, and 302
im pretty sure i am using a 302 90-99, not sure which yet, they are all EFI rollers with a MAF and not speed density. the reason behind this motor has the GT40 intakes, Heads, the aftermarket is HUGE and they can be had for pretty cheap(one of the biggest reasons i decided not to use a mod motor) out of pretty much any Lincoln, Ford, or Mercury. and they fit without any modification to your engine bay.
another reason for this is because predator builds tunes for these motors, and you can literally swap them on the fly.
you tell them what year your engine is, what aftermarket parts youve done to it, gearing, and a few other stats, and you get
economy tune
street
strip
race
all with a flip switch.
so AAAALLLLL that.
and it keeps the weight down to somewhat near stock.
and the 5 speed(T5z) behind it, weighs 75 lbs.
drop weight, get better mileage, go faster.
am i right?

OP, you can spend a lot less for EFI, and keep your intake as well. there are systems the bolt to your intake, have only a few wires to hook up, and are self contained for the most part. you might have to add an O2 sensor and will have to add a high pressure fuel pump though, and perhaps a return line. holley, fast, and others have these systems for less than $1000. the nice thing is that these days they are self tuning systems.

Reactions: 1 user