Build Thread My 1986 T-top Build - Lasting Memories

Alright, the headlamp mounting panel was as dirty as the rest of Doby was.
IMG_2967.JPG
IMG_2992.JPG

I took the lenses off the side marker lamps. They're a little faded, but in good shape. I've got an idea for them. What about the backing plate in this picture? I was thinking of spraying them with the same silver that I used on Roby's tail lamps.
IMG_2993.JPG

Got to clean and paint the buckets too.
IMG_2988.JPG

It all needs a good scrubbing. Another bath for Doby.

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Try the silver. Maybe they'll light up more than they did from the factory.

This thread really makes me miss my '85 GT. And realize how stupid I was as a young adult.

Reactions: 1 user
Dave, it is in your best interest to document the agreements you make with your brother.

I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.

This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.

I have the utmost confidence in this mission... Dave.

>

Reactions: 1 user
Dave, it is in your best interest to document the agreements you make with your brother.

I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.

This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.

I have the utmost confidence in this mission... Dave.

>
You still need a mustache.

I know the problem, and I will fix it. He will be handing the title over to me. I can be a little less than codial if needed.

I will get it in writing though.

Trust me, he has placed himself into a new less safe catagory in my mind. I can make things difficult for him.

Reactions: 2 users
Little stuff, I cleaned the headlamp mounting panel.
IMG_3002.JPG

I worked on my side marker lamps today. If you remember, they were a tired yellowish looking lump of plastic.
IMG_2993.JPG

I cleaned them up first and sprayed one quick coat of orange on the inside of the lense and clearcoated it.
IMG_2999.JPG
Then I flipped them and clearcoated the top. They came out really nice.
IMG_3001.JPG

Reactions: 7 users
I had to order the correct rivets to put the front bumper back together today. Hopefully I'll have them tomorrow and reattach the header back to the bumper.

The bolts of the inner lower bumper bracket that bolts to the lower trim on the fender were broke off from disassembly due to rust. Well, the bottom was broken off, the top one was just too rusty.
IMG_2974.JPG

I cut off the old bolt pieces and will weld these new ones on.
image.jpg

I'll do the same thing to the bracket from the other side just so I can have nice clean bolts.

Reactions: 3 users
You're going to have people asking you where you bought all these new parts, or at least where you found a bunch of NOS parts. I swear you make everything look brand new!

Reactions: 1 users
I am particularly happy with the hatch. After cutting out the rot and straightening the waves that were above the spoiler. Then Stripping all of that nasty blue, silver, and whatever else paint off of it. Certain things are special in this build. This stupid hatch is one of them. I can't wait to see it tomorrow morning in the sun!

Reactions: 4 users