IMG_3009.JPG
IMG_3016.JPG
IMG_3017.JPG

Reactions: 7 users
Here's one that I should have known. The light buckets
image.jpg
have to be installed before you put the cover on the headlamp mounting panel
image.jpg

Damnit:bang:At least I didn't rivet it back on yet.

Reactions: 4 users
I got my hatch home and set the spoiler on it to get a better before and after picture. It's in the exact same place that it was in the first picture.
IMG_0660.JPG
IMG_3071.JPG
IMG_3070.JPG

There's a dirt film on the hatch right now. Kind of makes the color look different, that and the flop of the pearl as well, it's not though. It really is exactly the same color. Yay!

Reactions: 1 users
A further note about that hatch. I came up with an idea to repair the hinges since they were so wallowed out. I felt really smart. Now I can't find the hinges......:nonono: Stupid is as stupid does.

I'm going to get a set from the yard next week. I'm getting something else on the super cheap next week for the blue car. I'll show you when I get it.

Reactions: 1 user
That is damn sexy. I wish you lived closer. You'd leave with cases of beer , minus what we drank, just to have you give me hands on advice and slap me when I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks Brian, what've you been up to lately? Haven't heard from you much since a couple posts after the accident.

I haven't been doing much other than working and spending time with the family. Nothing Mustang related, guess I've been in some sort of funk lately and can't find the desire to work on any of my projects. I like to come here occasionally and see how your progress is going, as well as the other members. Doing so always gives me a spark, I just need a little fuel to complete the combustion process lol . . . . .

Bossed

I haven't been doing much other than working and spending time with the family. Nothing Mustang related, guess I've been in some sort of funk lately and can't find the desire to work on any of my projects. I like to come here occasionally and see how your progress is going, as well as the other members. Doing so always gives me a spark, I just need a little fuel to complete the combustion process lol . . . . .

Bossed
I get it, that wreck is enough to make anyone want to take a break.

I look forward to when you're ready to go back to it.

Peace to you brother, it's good to take a break.

Got the front fender extensions painted. I'm going to sand them with 800 and reclear. They got dirt in them since they were in the corner of the booth during their paint.
IMG_3100.JPG
IMG_3102.JPG

I had some spare time at work and the bumper for my red car was staring at me from over in the corner where it's been sitting for a year now. I took pity on it.

I was going to replace it originally, but......spare time......:shrug:

At some time in Doby's past someone must have tried to pull her out of a ditch by hooking up to the bumper. It tweaked it as you see in the first picture.
IMG_3143.JPG

Since that thick metal won't just be knocked back into place, I just warmed it up a little and beat it back down.
IMG_3148.JPG
IMG_3150.JPG
IMG_3154.JPG

It's not perfect, but it's not sticking out anymore.:nice:
I've stripped it, I will primer it and sand it down and shoot it sometime this week.

Dang man! I've been on hiatus the last few months with work, family, other hobbies... etc. I come back and see the story and all the progress and all I have to say is "mechanic's lien" then tell your brother it's the price we agreed on or it's your note with the bank and my lien on it, or our original deal. Blood doesn't do that crap to blood (he started it).

Reactions: 3 users
Dang man! I've been on hiatus the last few months with work, family, other hobbies... etc. I come back and see the story and all the progress and all I have to say is "mechanic's lien" then tell your brother it's the price we agreed on or it's your note with the bank and my lien on it, or our original deal. Blood doesn't do that crap to blood (he started it).
I agree. Blood doesn't fck blood.

Here's a couple little things I have going for the vehicle. It's getting ready within the next week to go into storage (I found out it's only $25 more for double my storage size). Not exactly easy access.

I won't need a title for a couple more years. The blue car will be running first. Then I have to build a new engine, buy a new tko transmission, etc.... for Doby.

I can outlast my brother.

I'm not going to worry about it. If I wanted it to drive soon, maybe I would.

Reactions: 3 users
Doby is dead and so ends this thread.

I thought work was picking back up, it's died again. After a year of chasing my tail and working my self into a stupor, I've come to accept the fact that I won't have enough money to finish her.

It's going back to my brother, so maybe I'll see it finished one day.

It was a great ride with you fellas on this car, thanks for all the help and encouragement you've given me.

I'll be spending my money on his blue sister now, though, really, there is no money at the moment.

I'll post on the other thread what's currently happening.

Thanks for following along on Doby, she sure looks purdy, doesn't she?
IMG_1005.JPG

I figured I should have one upside down picture for Noobz!
IMG_1258.JPG
IMG_1027.JPG
IMG_1262.JPG
IMG_2956.JPG