Build Thread My 1986 T-top Build - Lasting Memories

IMG_1394.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I have some sad news about Doby.

Since I ran out of parts to work on for Roby, i thought, "what the hell, why don't I go ahead and paint Doby's hatch?".

Literally as I was picking up the hatch to put on a stand to work on it, in walks my brother that I got Doby from.

Ah well, guess this had to come about some time. So we bs with each other about kids, grandkids, work and such and we start talking about mustangs.

Eventually my brother brings up about needing the rest of the money for the car........the rest of the money? He goes on to say we agreed on a price $4k above what I have given him. FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS MORE!

I didn't agree to this amount at all. My brother has a tendency of bulldozing through people, including me I'm guessing is what he's thinking.

I think Doby may just have died for me today. I might have given him another $1500 for it, especially since I have done so much to it.

Then there is the rub that I can't move Doby till i get a set of coilovers.

He's basically given me a deadline of next January to come up with the money for our "agreed upon price".

I was told not to do business with my brother, guess I just had to learn on my own.

If I could put Doby on a trailer right now, I would be driving to Stillwater with it.

What can I take away from this? I learned a lot about fox bodies working on him.

I also know I won't see a dime for my efforts on him. Expensive, time consuming lessons.

I may go ahead and paint the hatch, spoiler and front bumper since I have the paint already. Plus I know my brother will be hitting me up to paint it for him anyhow.

I feel like I'm going to throw up.

Wow that sucks.

I'd give the car back, ask for what you paid and then after he's given you the money back, ask him to pay you for the work you did and pay up by January.

That sort of stuff doesn't fly with me, although it's easy for me to quarterback from here without the invested time or family aspect. I've told long time friends to take a hike for less.

That sucks...but silver lining....frees up garage space for Roby?

Sorry, I'll shut up now. :(

Reactions: 3 users
That's terrible dave,my only idea would be-buy some cheap HF wheel dollies and Barter some paintwork to a local tow company with a rollback-and deliver just the shell to your brother. Everything else that goes to doby-he can buy,as it's all for sale .
Except whatever Roby can use

I appreciate what you guys are saying, and i'm a little to irritated at the moment to really make a rational decision.

When I was a kid and finally graduated from high school, I went into the army four days after graduation. I stayed away for eleven years. Came back thinking sht had changed. Oh well.

I kind of just want to give everything back to him right now and cut off that piece of my life for good.

Like I said, I'm a little irritated at this time......

Karthief has been giving me tips on legal things I can do.

If this wasn't my brother, I would follow through on those things.

I'm always shocked when someone close to me screws me, I tend to trust people. I believe that people have something similar to my moral ethics only to find out not many do.

This seems to be happening a lot to me recently.

I'd like to think I'm not a fool. Maybe I should see this as educational.

I know I'm a little worn out with this crap though. I don't like the attention this kind of bs drama gets me. I don't want to be one of those pissant "feel for poor me" people.

That being said, I'm grateful for your comments, but this thread is going to end now for me. Unless there is some sort of freak positive changes in Doby's situation.

I am learning though guys, this won't be repeated.

Soooo, hows that dodad for that wachamacallit come'm along, get it painted yet?
Just put your big boy pants on and go paint something, even if it's the wrong color.
Go buy a car part you don't need, that's what woman do, works for them.