My 410W is here

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry for no replies any sooner guys, Yes they are H beam rods just cant see them at the angle of the pic. Yes there is a Canton main support on it now. Cam Im runing is a Camcraft cam and double roller timing chain. Lift is at .557 and .597. Im putting the cam in today. Any ideas on cam install as in straight up, advanced, or retard? If so how many degrees

pb_paulie_b said:
Crane, Comp, and Crower all make these lifter for that purpose.
as far as i know, only crane makes the linked bar hyd roller.

The only disadvantage to this set up over going with a small base circle cam/spider hold down set up is that you wont be able to remove the lifter without taking off the heads.
not an issue with the taller windsor blocks.

paul302 said:
as far as i know, only crane makes the linked bar hyd roller.

not an issue with the taller windsor blocks.
I'm sorry I got the 5.0 and 351w mixed up, you CAN remove Crane lifters without removing the head.
These are the lifters I was referring to earlier.
Comp cams part# 851-16
Crower part# CRO-66335-16
Crane part# 36532-16
Ford racing# M-6500-S58

pb_paulie_b said:
These are the lifters I was referring to earlier.
Comp cams part# 851-16
Crower part# CRO-66335-16
Crane part# 36532-16
Ford racing# M-6500-S58
the comp cams & crower parts you listed are just standard replacemnet hyd rollers. they're not the linked bars that allow you to use a standard hyd roller camshaft.

pb_paulie_b said:
yep, there's still standard non-link bar lifters. the pic on the summit page is just a generic pic, it's not representitive of the actual part. go by the price. you're NOT going to buy a linked bar hyd roller for $200. if you still doubt me, call crower and comp to verify for yourself.
edit: the fordmuscle link is a linked bar, but it's not part #851.

Paul I don't want to get in a who's right and wrong argument. I have a PAW catalogue that also shows them linked [Crower].
I only wanted to point out that there are a variety of options when it comes to running a hyd. roller cam in a early block.
I personally am goin with Crane ones on my build but their are other choices...PB

pb_paulie_b said:
You have a set of Crane link-bar hyd.roller lifters on a non-roller block?

Yea,had them on a 74' 351W block and our Dart (9.5" deck) blocked 408.

Gonna be putting the motor back togther (357W) and either selling it or build up my coupe for bracket racing with it.

Im going to sell the old block. The upper intake is a Downs. Hey guys I have a question I know it should be in tech but I cant get an answer form there so Ill ask you guys. I put my cam in along with the timing chain, timing chain cover, harmonic balancer, and water pump. Well I tried to put my crank/SC pulley on (Procharger) and it dont line up right. It sets WAY too far back aginst the block to work right. My crank/SC pulley is one huge pulley. The crank part (serpentine belt) of the pulley does not align with the water pump pulley and the SC part of the pulley is hitting the water pump pulley. I bought a Professional Products 28oz balancer with a 5/16 spacer for a 351W, so I guess its the right one. Did I miss anything putting on the cam, chain, timing cover, balancer, and pump? Is my balancer the wrong one? Do I need a bigger spacer? Or is this the right way? :bang: I measured the space between the damper and where the serpentine part of the crank should be without measuring the 5/16 spacer and I got 1 1/8in. from damper to the pulley. Did I push my damper too far back? I thought it had to go back to at least to where the gasket is on the tming chain cover to seat so it wont leak. Here are some pics

View attachment 482871
View attachment 482873
View attachment 482874