My 65 Mustang "Screaming Horse"

Bought the car when i was 17, have it almost 10 years now and worked on it the last 4 years or so, before that it was driving in the summer and working on it in the winter time.

When i bought it, it was a 65 Mustang Coupe V8 (orginal V8 car) popy red with a C4 automatic Standard interior and hacked up dash for a stereo :notnice:

It was import from CA in 1999 and was a black plates car

Mustang10006.jpg

FordMustang0011.jpg

FordMustang0010.jpg

In the years to come i fitted a Discbrake swap, some new wheels and a stainless dual exhaust. Also cleaned up the engine bay and fitted a couple chrome valve covers and aircleaner.

zoetermeer20055.jpg

I was verry happy with the car, but the paint wasnt that great... it was sprayed over all the doorseals etc... so decided to strip the car.

DSC02622Medium.jpg

Did the whole project with my dad who made countless of stainless steel brackets and other custom things :nice:

DSC02631Medium.jpg

DSC02654Medium.jpg

The engine bay had seen beter days ;)

DSC02673Medium.jpg

This was the only rust we could find on the whole car

DSC02678Medium.jpg

To be sure we sanded the car to the bare metal

image3.jpg

imagetrwet.jpg

Underneath the battery tray was some mild corrosion, to be sure we replaced it

imagerew.jpg

Than it was time for primer and anti rust coatings.

image321.jpg

First coating

image22-1.jpg

Primer

image21.jpg

Final coating

And then time for paint ! Wanted a custom color so we sprayed the car white, then a VW yellow and topped it of with some Pearlescent topcoat from honda with a twist ;) and sanded it all down, sprayed some stripes with a silver metallic and then sanded it some more so you couldnt feel the stripes and on went 6to 7 layers of clearcoat :nice:

And the engine bay got some highgloss black

04102008131Medium.jpg

04102008132Medium.jpg

The engine also get a yellow paint job (this was the first engine)

04102008138Medium.jpg

04102008144Medium.jpg

In the meanwhile work was done on the car,

DSC03186Medium.jpg

DSC03196Medium.jpg

IMG_2698Medium.jpg

IMG_2681Medium.jpg

IMG_2688Medium.jpg

IMG_2684Medium.jpg

Engine was also ready to put in the car again

15102008153Medium.jpg

DSC03230Medium.jpg

DSC03264Medium.jpg

DSC03262Medium.jpg

DSC03248Medium.jpg

Put the engine back in, but was rebuild shortly :rolleyes:

The original hood hinges where a crime to get right and my dad and i loved the look of the ring brother hinges. So we ordered a set of them

DSC03326Medium.jpg

DSC03331Medium.jpg

DSC03332Medium.jpg

After some time we got the car rolling again and time to bring it home and start the last detail work (but there came much more work than we thought).

DSC03396Medium.jpg

IMG_3706.jpg

IMG_3702.jpg

IMG_3701.jpg

We orderd a set of 17x7 and 17x8 Boyd coddington magneto wheels for it, we had torq thrusts under it but we saw them to much over here.

Also the interior got some upgrades with a Pony interior and steering wheel, the centre consule and rallye pack i already had.

IMG_4210.jpg

IMG_4212.jpg

Also put in the original AM radio and put a modern one in the glovecomparment !

IMG_4184.jpg
G]

IMG_4354.jpg

But then it was time for some engine modifications, before i ever driven the car ;)

The specs were:

331 Stroker
Scat rotating parts
Victor JR Manifold
Holley Rebuild by QFT 650CFM blow thru carb
Paxton Supercharger with improved impeller
Heddman Headers
Ford motorsport cam
Trickflow Stage 3 ported heads
Ford motorsport roller rockers
MSD Distributor
MSD 6BTM box
Mallory Sparkplug wires
Underdrive pulleys
Rebuild C4 with 500+ HP upgrades

IMG_4355.jpg

IMG_5552.jpg
pg[/IMG]

IMG_5555.jpg

23042009257.jpg
tp://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/Hypertuningfotos/Mustang/23042009257.jpg[/IMG]

31102009441.jpg

IMG_5588.jpg

IMG_5590.jpg

IMG_5594.jpg

Now we had a healthy engine we also need some handling, so started with a TCP power rack

IMG_5557.jpg

IMG_5560.jpg

IMG_5562.jpg

And for safety a Driveshaft loop

IMG_5561.jpg

At the moment were working on a TCP coil over conversion for the front and a rebuild 8 inch rear axle with beter gears and limited slip diff.

After all that work it was time to roll the car out for some photos

IMG_4374.jpg

IMG_4389.jpg

IMG_4554.jpg

IMG_5540.jpg

IMG_5537.jpg

IMG_5539.jpg

For the first car show it wasnt ready, so trailer queen it was :D

IMG_4579.jpg

IMG_4581.jpg

IMG_4583.jpg

Foto-AK3ELXZY.jpg

29.jpg

There i won best of show :nice: and the show after that it was almost finished i won another best of show ! Then the car got in the storage again for winter, wich is the present time.

IMG_4591.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

All I can say is WOW.

I have a Screaming Yellow Mustang GT so I'm partial to the color you chose. I hope you get to enjoy actually driving it and not keep it as a trailer queen. I bet it's a blast to drive.

Congratulations on the excellent job!

Wow, that is fantastic, Dutch great job indeed!

Out of curiousness, have you dynoed the car yet? And what kind of MPG are you getting out of that thing?

Btw, I love the steering wheel, I love how you kept that look the same--I love that wheel.

Thanx, want to keep the interior as "classic" as possible ! Wanted a restomod but with a mix of the original car ! The most performance parts are not directly visible.

Its a great car to drive now, really fast and good cornering !

With the old setup it had 365WHP that was with the old iron heads, the old performer manifold, and low boost and running way to rich.

When it is al finished then i'm going to the dyno again !

What the mpg is i dont know, i do know its does 1 litre on the 4 kilometers :eek:

And to think gas is WAY more expensive over here !

With the old setup it had 365WHP that was with the old iron heads, the old performer manifold, and low boost and running way to rich.

When it is al finished then i'm going to the dyno again !

What the mpg is i dont know, i do know its does 1 litre on the 4 kilometers :eek:

And to think gas is WAY more expensive over here !

Hrmm, 365 whp eh? Not bad. Sounds like it does ~ 7.46 MPG

Unless my maths are completely off.

very clean car

But can i give 1 little piece of advice, that i learned from. Take all the parts stickers off the car, unless your 16 and in high school, no need to advertise the parts names. i used to be the same way, it will look less clutered and not take away from the rest of the car.

Holy moley! That is a nice job you did. Maybe I will see you at a Cruise Brothers event this year. What is your username over on DM&FF? Whichever dyno you go to, avoid Moritz in Amsterdam like the plague.

@Grand Poobah: Don't know, my math isnt that good in converting those numbers ! i do know it drinks more than his owner ;). We drive on much higher octane here btw don't know if that makes a difference. I always put 98 in it with a booster +- 100/102

@Iskwezm: You are right, asking myself for along time if i like the stickers enough to let them on ! They are easily taken off so that might be the first thing i'm going to do when i'm going to work on it again.

@Jerry S: Wanted to go to a cruise brothers meet for years, this year i'm certainly going to one ! My name on dmff is "Henri" whats yours ?

@Grand Poobah: Don't know, my math isnt that good in converting those numbers ! i do know it drinks more than his owner ;). We drive on much higher octane here btw don't know if that makes a difference. I always put 98 in it with a booster +- 100/102

I was wondering about that red push button you have--is this thing running with nitrous wired up or whatever? That's kind of nuts. :p

And yea, you guys do have some pretty powerful juice--in California the max petrol here is grade 91.

@Grand Poobah: No the nitrous is going in this summer ;) that button is a dial button for my ignition. I'm running a MSD 6btm wich retards the ignition when boost going up, with the dial i can choose how much it retards per pound of boost !

I'm going to connect this on a MSD ignition computer so that i dont have a vacuum advance anymore but also computer controled so it acts quicker, anything to prevent engine knock !

@Jerry S: thats ridicoulus (spelled it wrong sorry) but i saw a posting from you about the autometers on dmff a couple of minutes ago (really want a set for mine in the future). Are you an american living in the netherlands then ?

@68Stang351: Thnx, glad you two liked it ! Found out that the color scheme is something you like or REALLY dislike ;)

I was wondering about that red push button you have--is this thing running with nitrous wired up or whatever? That's kind of nuts. :p

And yea, you guys do have some pretty powerful juice--in California the max petrol here is grade 91.

Keep in mind that 98 octane in Europe is based on the RON whereas the US uses a different standard (PON). 98 RON in the NL is equal to 94 PON that you might find in the US.