My 66 has been laughing at me

gp001

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2001
So. Cal.
OK, I know I haven't been in the classics forum all that much that past several months, but my life has been crazy busy and I haven't done much to the 66. The 2MFF Fab Shop has been working on my 05 Mustang and my buddy's 99 Camaro more than our old cars. Sad, but true.

A couple of weeks ago I did a modification on the 05 that I am almost ashamed to admit; I painted my brake calipers and rotor hats. I did it in secrecy in hopes of not being laughed at, but I swear I head laughing coming from the other side of the garage. But the only thing on that side of the garage was the 66. Well, today I was doing another silly modification to the 05 (wiring an autodimming mirror with Homelink, and hard wiring my radar detector) and again I could have sworn I heard laughing.

I made a deal with the 66 that I would get to finishing the custom interior in the next few weeks and hopefully take it to the drags in september if it woud just quit laughing at me.

Have you guys ever been laughed at by your classics for doing silly modifications to another vehicle?

• Sponsors (?)

yeah the 66 is probably thinking that you'll do all this work to the "new car" and then get bored with it really quick and come back home to the one that really loves you, she's not laughing at you bro she's sobbing because you've been neglecting her it only sounds like she's laughing :nono:

my 69 laughed at me when I put the clutch disc in backwards.... and then decided I didn't wanna drop the tranny all the way to switch it, so just backed the tranny out and held it up with my head.

Yeha, there was laughter. :D

65stanger said:
That wasn't the 66 laughing, it was the sheeple in their black helicopters hovering in stealth mode over the garage! It just sounds like it's coming from the 66 'cause of the transistors in your head.......you've been forgetting to wear your aluminum foil hat again, haven't you!:nono:

Hey, I think you've got it! The sheeple were laughing because he is becoming one of them!

Look at it this way: How much did he shave off his 60-0 time by painting the '05 calipers? Or does painting the calipers add HP? :scratch: I can't ever keep up with these "new age tunerz" mods :shrug:

Pretty soon we'll know for sure. After installing the mandatory Altezza taillights; he'll be posting in here about discovering a new skylight in his garage and a full sheep(le)skin laying in a puddle of blood between the 66 and the 05. Then we'll know for sure that one of the Sheeple laughed so hard he fell out of the black helicopter and right through the roof! :rlaugh:

gp001 said:
I knew I could count on you guys for a good laugh.
Well, you gave us such fertile ground on which to "plant" our material!

Lman, why does my car need 2 grills? :p
(Since I'm already here; I'll take this one as well) See, you've obviously been in SoCal too long :nonono: Anybody from the real West can tell you that it takes waaaaaayyy too long to get the chicken grease burnt off one grille.... so the best thing to do is too have a spare grille around to cook your chicken without the nasty taste carrying over onto your rib-eyes :nice: :nice: :nice:

EDIT: I guessing there was a typo somewhere and you all were talking about BBQ grilles. I can't imagine any reason why you'd want two grills on the front of a Classic Stang - that's just crazy :crazy:

StangDreamin' said:
I guessing there was a typo somewhere and you all were talking about BBQ grilles. I can't imagine any reason why you'd want two grills on the front of a Classic Stang - that's just crazy[/size] :crazy:
He's talking about installing the two BBQ grills in the '66.........must be for tailgate......errrrr.......TRUNK LID parties!:cheers:

gp - send me a pitman and idler arm and I can make ALL that nasty laughter go away!

65stanger said:
He's talking about installing the two BBQ grills in the '66.........must be for tailgate......errrrr.......TRUNK LID parties!:cheers:
Cool! Just be sure we're only using plastic plates and flatware when Pak joins the party.

gp - send me a pitman and idler arm and I can make ALL that nasty laughter go away!
Do you want him to send the 6 cylinder, 3 speed parts; or the 3 cylinder, 6 speed parts??? :scratch:

Mines actually been crying.

It want's me to drive it, but 116-125 degrees in a black Mustang, no thanks...

We are setting extreme heat records over here in the Vegas valley. My friggin' truck read 125 degrees yesterday driving down the road at 50 mph. WTH

mdjay said:
We are setting extreme heat records over here in the Vegas valley. My friggin' truck read 125 degrees yesterday driving down the road at 50 mph. WTH

Same here! But the highest temp I've read in Mrs. StDr's truck (mine doesn't have the trip computer option) has so far only been 122* But, that was at 55 MPH along Highway 95 out in the Yuma Valley Sunday afternoon. We shot past a field that was being irrigated (big-a$$ golfcourse sprinklers); and it dropped down to 108* (Brrrr!) :D