Progress Thread My 79 Coupe Is Alive.

• Sponsors (?)

Stripes are getting done, all the loose parts got painted today.

attachment.php?attachmentid=116364&d=1508889968.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=116365&d=1508889969.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Oooooooohhhh! That's just going to be hot as hell!

Making me second guess Kona Blue!

Your mustang is going to be seriously hot. I can't wait to see it together.:nice:

Reactions: 2 users
This has got to be the longest time to paint a car that I've seen in a long time. How long has your car been in this paint shop? Seems like it's been a year.

It's beautiful though.. The color, and final finish under lights looks like the parts were molded in that color like its some sort of amazing plastic. I do love a non-metallic color for just that reason.

It all seems too nice to race...if that's your intent. It's a show car finish on a car you intend to push hard on a road course...The knowledge that I could lose control of my car, and end up running off the track in a corner is deterrent enough to keep the Monster off of any track, and compared to what I'm seeing here....( no discredit to my painter) my car is no show car.

Reactions: 1 user
This has got to be the longest time to paint a car that I've seen in a long time. How long has your car been in this paint shop? Seems like it's been a year.

It's beautiful though.. The color, and final finish under lights looks like the parts were molded in that color like its some sort of amazing plastic. I do love a non-metallic color for just that reason.

It all seems too nice to race...if that's your intent. It's a show car finish on a car you intend to push hard on a road course...The knowledge that I could lose control of my car, and end up running off the track in a corner is deterrent enough to keep the Monster off of any track, and compared to what I'm seeing here....( no discredit to my painter) my car is no show car.
Yeah.....well let me have a paint booth and a month and you would’ve had absolute show quality. Lol.

It has been almost a year in the paint shop. That was always the understanding when it went in. To be fair, Robert works alone and this is not the only car he has worked on while its been there. It is currently the primary project in the shop though. The work is certainly show quality or better, he is a perfectionist and that adds some hours to the job. He has built and painted many award winning show cars in the past.

I am a bit nervous about the prospect of driving it and the inevitable results that will have on the pristine paint. I plan to do autocross events with it for sure, the potential for damage is far less than at a track event. I have no intention of doing actual track racing with it, but I would like to do some track days if and when there is a track built nearby to do so on. There are currently two such projects in planning for this area, but realistically they are two to five years away from opening at best. That will give me some time to show off the car for a while and gradually get comfortable with it and tweak it's performance. I will likely not even autocross with it next year until I've had time to get the car fully sorted. I do plan to get out to some events and show it off while it's looking its best.

You can get the front end covered like a bra with what is essentially clear wrap. I’ll be doing that with my car.

Doesn’t have the problems that a bra does.

You can get the front end covered like a bra with what is essentially clear wrap. I’ll be doing that with my car.

Doesn’t have the problems that a bra does.

Yes, that's pretty standard stuff up here with our winter roads and all the gravel and coarse sand. Hardly a new car/truck leaves the showroom without paint protection film anymore, the salespeople push it as an upsale and there are several shops that specialize in applying it too. I friend of mine bought a new Hellcat and had the entire car wrapped. I may look into having some of the most vulnerable areas done; we'll see.

That car is beautiful !!!

I'm a big fan of the way you customized that wing. Looks like it should've been a factory option....or at least an aftermarket one.

Great job !!!!