Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

From an oil service post that I did for.... someone... :shrug:

The only difference between the 2.1L and the 2.2L is when they were released. There's some slight difference in the way the screws were cut. I've never actually compared them side-by-side.

20140520_125908.jpg 20140520_130010.jpg 20140520_130819.jpg 20140520_130040.jpg 20140520_130746.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Even though the weather is actually still warm for November and there's still some drive time to be had I still decided it was time to store the car and get working on winter upgrades. Car is on the rollers and tear down is under way.
IMG_0990.JPG
IMG_0993.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
I have a couple of questions......I've never owned a boosted vehicle before so I'll ask the typical noob questions.

I have a brand new FRPP clutch kit (flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, etc) It's probably barely better than stock IMO, will this do the job with the blower? Remember, I'm staying stock and just adding the SC, I am not planning on exceeding 9psi FYI.
Also, what plugs? Gap?
Will I need a better coil and/or ignition box? I have an MSD6AL already.

I had to go to an ignition box to up the voltage after putting the hottest coil I could find on it. It would blow the spark out bad under boost at higher rpm. Installed ignition box... no more spark blow.

But, that's a turbo, not a screw blower.

Reactions: 1 user
Another thought. Keep stock pcv or go with catch can system with the KB?

I would keep it . It should work . Only resort to a catch can if it doesn't . Just delete the tube going from the throttle body to the oil filler neck so you're not pressurizing the crankcase under boost .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the same quad you wrecked a couple years ago? You got it fixed?

That I rolled when the dude hit me - yes .

I fixed it a week later and was back out on it . Houser stem , renthal bars , beadlock rear wheels. This ride was the second one out after I rolled it I had just finally got the front wheels mounted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg
Just doing a little "pre-game" action with Pantera and a little you know what-sky :cheers::cheers: I took the next couple days off work to pull the engine. Just me and the 5.0 the next couple days and I get paid to do it :D

Reactions: 3 users
My driveshaft was shortened for my IRS install. I marked where it slid in and then measured from there to where the seal lip rode. Can't remember the measurement... I also have a FRPP aluminum driveshaft.

The reason I had mine shortened was for seal and vibration issues.

Reactions: 1 user