Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

Does anyone else make these for less $$?

https://www.c-f-m.com/performancepa...t-for-1986-2001-Mustang-GT-Cobra-847p3206.htm

breather[1]_289_detail.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

So my car is pretty much done now as far as assembly goes. I finished up the power pipe install last night which involves R&R of the passenger side fender liner. I just need to add fluids and install my battery and battery connections and I'll be ready to plug in the computer and begin my sensor calibrations, timing, and initial setup for tuning. Typing this reminds me I need to get gas too. My area is now selling ethanol free premium (91) fuel so I'll get some of that. I'll wait till the weekend to work on start up and idle.

IMG_1736.JPG
IMG_1738.JPG

Reactions: 8 users
So my car is pretty much done now as far as assembly goes. I finished up the power pipe install last night which involves R&R of the passenger side fender liner. I just need to add fluids and install my battery and battery connections and I'll be ready to plug in the computer and begin my sensor calibrations, timing, and initial setup for tuning. Typing this reminds me I need to get gas too. My area is now selling ethanol free premium (91) fuel so I'll get some of that. I'll wait till the weekend to work on start up and idle.

IMG_1736.JPG
IMG_1738.JPG
That's so nice

I think the only difference between the two is the actual size/volume of the PCV. They operate the same but the Turbo Coupe is larger . I don't recall if the grommet was any different.

If you end up collecting too much oil in the catch-can then give it a shot. It may slow it down some.

The important part is keeping oil out of the intake (which you've done).

Reactions: 1 user
Ok, so not much happened over the weekend. I am getting too dang busy with other stuff and the Mustang keeps getting ignored. I need a solid few hours of uninterrupted time for tuning or else it's a waste IMO which I did not get. I did get an hour here and there and made only small progress. I finally got all the fluids in the engine but was short on coolant. So I thought I'd move on to syncing my computer with the ECU. Well I turn the key over and.......NOTHING. Dang battery was completely dead. Turns out my battery tender took a dump on me a while ago and I didn't realize it. The lights were on but nothing was happening. So I hooked up my battery charger and went to the store for more coolant while my battery charged. By the time I got back I had enough juice to at least turn the ignition to ON and get my ECU setup. Everything went well with that but I was out of time. I still need to set mechanical timing and check commanded timing etc. The weather is getting real nice later this week and I might take Friday off work so I can be free of my girlfriend and kids and concentrate on my 5.0 only. If I don't do that she offered to come over on Saturday and hang out with my kids while I tune the car. Great girl, right? ;)

IMG_1773.JPG

I was at least happy that when I turned my ignition on that the fuel pump primed and turn off, no fuel leaks or anything, however my IAC kept buzzing non-stop. IMO, So far so good. Just need more time.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok, so not much happened over the weekend. I am getting too dang busy with other stuff and the Mustang keeps getting ignored. I need a solid few hours of uninterrupted time for tuning or else it's a waste IMO which I did not get. I did get an hour here and there and made only small progress. I finally got all the fluids in the engine but was short on coolant. So I thought I'd move on to syncing my computer with the ECU. Well I turn the key over and.......NOTHING. Dang battery was completely dead. Turns out my battery tender took a dump on me a while ago and I didn't realize it. The lights were on but nothing was happening. So I hooked up my battery charger and went to the store for more coolant while my battery charged. By the time I got back I had enough juice to at least turn the ignition to ON and get my ECU setup. Everything went well with that but I was out of time. I still need to set mechanical timing and check commanded timing etc. The weather is getting real nice later this week and I might take Friday off work so I can be free of my girlfriend and kids and concentrate on my 5.0 only. If I don't do that she offered to come over on Saturday and hang out with my kids while I tune the car. Great girl, right? ;)

IMG_1773.JPG

I was at least happy that when I turned my ignition on that the fuel pump primed and turn off, no fuel leaks or anything, however my IAC kept buzzing non-stop. IMO, So far so good. Just need more time.

Get it did! :burnout:

This is good info too @a91what , I know you don't really like VE autotune but....

"The best bet is to give it more fuel than it should need under boost and let auto tune lean it out, not start lean and let it richen it up. Lean kills engines, rich doesn't. By all means do not just floor it and expect the VE Live "auto tune" to fix the afr numbers before it goes lean and blows a headgasket or melts a piston because it won't. You have to manually get it safe (rich) and then let it lean it back out. Your AFR target under boost should be 12.0:1 or richer, no leaner than 12.5 (low boost) and no richer than 11.5"

....Stinger....