Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

An MS issue huh, so the ideal gas law is incorrect? The laws of physics don't change. I would rather move a single sensor, I have personally tested the math used in this trim table based on air density vs air temp. The trim table is correct. If you do air density trim in any other way your algorithm is wrong.
Can the trim table be adjusted, yes. Have I changed it on some tunes, yes. Have I seen hackjob tuners use it to compensate for a bad tune absolutely.

• Sponsors (?)

In case nobody else follows this guy, he's at it again with another beautiful car in progress
20604210_1463124530434811_3444070393751909091_n.jpg
It'd be nice if he'd update his tread here!

@Bullitt347 @FoxMustangLvr
For the iat heatsoak issue, each manufacturer apparently deals with some form of "Heat soak". The term is loosely used to describe a high reading from radiant heat from the intake manifold affecting the sensor. Newer materials have eased the affect from this but do not prevent it, aluminum has the greatest heat transfer effect.
Many oem have moved to using 2 separate iat sensors, one in the MAF or airbox and one in the manifold. At wot only the manifold temp is used, in most other conditions the signal from each sensor is blended (Or some type of trim table is used) to get a "more realistic" reading.
((I'll be honest there was talk of laminar flow and something about eddycurrents that in terms of air flow I don't fully grasp.))
Others use some form of blended table using the air temp and coolant temp sensors. In wot only the iat sensor is used, in all other conditions the blended reading is used. Usually in this set up the sensor is not in the manifold and the blended table us used to get a more realistic reading of slow moving air in the manifold.

For our purposes megasquirt actually does have the ability to blend tables using multiple sensor inputs for the iat. We could use a 30% blend with clt temp, this would make the reading more realistic in all conditions. Under wot the clt blend is ignored and the table reverts back to air temp only.

Took alot of legwork to get this information, I apologize if I came off as unreasonable in my last few posts.

Reactions: 2 users
@Bullitt347 @FoxMustangLvr
For the iat heatsoak issue, each manufacturer apparently deals with some form of "Heat soak". The term is loosely used to describe a high reading from radiant heat from the intake manifold affecting the sensor. Newer materials have eased the affect from this but do not prevent it, aluminum has the greatest heat transfer effect.
Many oem have moved to using 2 separate iat sensors, one in the MAF or airbox and one in the manifold. At wot only the manifold temp is used, in most other conditions the signal from each sensor is blended (Or some type of trim table is used) to get a "more realistic" reading.
((I'll be honest there was talk of laminar flow and something about eddycurrents that in terms of air flow I don't fully grasp.))
Others use some form of blended table using the air temp and coolant temp sensors. In wot only the iat sensor is used, in all other conditions the blended reading is used. Usually in this set up the sensor is not in the manifold and the blended table us used to get a more realistic reading of slow moving air in the manifold.

For our purposes megasquirt actually does have the ability to blend tables using multiple sensor inputs for the iat. We could use a 30% blend with clt temp, this would make the reading more realistic in all conditions. Under wot the clt blend is ignored and the table reverts back to air temp only.

Took alot of legwork to get this information, I apologize if I came off as unreasonable in my last few posts.

See the cliff notes version a page or two back. :dead:

Did you ever get your wheels on the IRS setup? I'm curious what you did with the fenders out back. My 18x9s w/ 275 rubber hit bad.
I rolled my fenders like this
IMG_0516.JPG

I then added some neg camber to tuck the tops of the tires inside the wheel well
IMG_0840.JPG

I have a different offset and tire width than you. I have 18x9 +35mm out back with 245 wide tires. I could go a little wider and I just might do that, not sure when though. The twin screw supercharger is, surprise surprise, causing traction issues.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah. I went and bought one of those tools. I just haven't had a chance to get out there and mess with it. How hot did you have to heat up the fender lip to avoid damaging the paint?
I got it pretty hot but not as hot as possible. I bought a heat gun from Harbor Freight for about $15 that has low heat (572*) and high heat (1,112*) and worked well. I used only the low heat setting.

https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-watt-dual-temperature-heat-gun-5721112-62340.html

Reactions: 1 user
With an IRS it's all about the wheel offset/back spacing. Mine is an 18x9 with a 6.72" BS (+45 offset I think) with no rubbing and a 275 tire. I do have some fairly stiff springs, and some half ass rolled fenders as I didn't have the right tool but the paint is such crap it didn't matter yet.

With an IRS it's all about the wheel offset/back spacing. Mine is an 18x9 with a 6.72" BS (+45 offset I think) with no rubbing and a 275 tire. I do have some fairly stiff springs, and some half ass rolled fenders as I didn't have the right tool but the paint is such crap it didn't matter yet.
Too few wheels at 9"/+45mm and most of them look like crap on our cars unfortunately. If you're willing to pay TF money then a lot of doors open for nice wheels but I'm not going to invest that kind of money into wheels. Just last week I found a wheel that I think will look great on my car and is 17x9 +45mm but I like to look at the wheels for a while to see if I still like them after a while and if I do then I'll order them. 18's are nice but I'll go back to 17's so I can fit a 275 out back again without issue.

Too few wheels at 9"/+45mm and most of them look like crap on our cars unfortunately. If you're willing to pay TF money then a lot of doors open for nice wheels but I'm not going to invest that kind of money into wheels. Just last week I found a wheel that I think will look great on my car and is 17x9 +45mm but I like to look at the wheels for a while to see if I still like them after a while and if I do then I'll order them. 18's are nice but I'll go back to 17's so I can fit a 275 out back again without issue.
I'd be fine with 17's, but to be honest at this point given how much we sink into these things anyways, I'll just save up for the custom wheels in the right sizes... the biggest problem is what you mentioned PLUS getting front wheels to fit right and match. They usually don't make them in the proper offset up front so you've got to run a spacer which I hate. I'll bite the bullet one day, I always do.

I've been working on my 2017 Mustang 5.0 seats and have one mostly finished and installed. I still have to put the trim on it but It's there.

PITA disassembly, After removing all this power equipment the seats weigh about the same as stock Fox seats.
IMG_3057.JPG

IMG_3055.JPG
IMG_3056.JPG

Reactions: 5 users