Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_1862.JPG

I need to get a shorter serp belt asap

Reactions: 3 users
You had to give up ac?
I didn't have to but I did not want to cut and modify my AC lines until I knew that the KB install was going to be successful and run well. Most likely I'll reinstall it this winter but I may not do it at all because honestly I don't ever use it. I have kept most everything for the car to make it stock again just in case I feel the need to someday.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! Car looks great and I'm sure runs like a beast!
Thanks bro! The car feels good in boost but it's rich and I'm sure would pull harder once it gets leaned out to just the right amount. We are taking a little out each time but I'm too much of a poosy to go WOT and achieve full boost to get a well informed data log. I wanted to yesterday on the way home but it started raining on my commute home :nono:

Reactions: 1 user
I never heard back from Devilsown injection but AlkyControl answered the phone the first time I called them and I got mixed feelings from Julio that gave me a lot of info. Firstly he thinks meth on less than 10# of boost isn't really needed. Secondly he's not much of a fan of adding meth to engines without knock sensors because tuning is more of a guessing game. He also prefers to inject via MAF function with positive displacement superchargers. The reason being is that it's possible when activating meth based on boost only that I could inject too much at high boost and low rpms (like mashing the pedal in 4th gear at 2k rpms). He also wants me to inject 100% meth, no mixing water. He suggested VP M1 fuel.

In other news I'm happy my car is running great and I haven't done ANY wide open throttle tuning because I have to have my 5.0 as my daily for the next couple days for maintenance on my F-150. I'm taking a long road trip with my kids down to my old home town San Diego in less than two weeks and I need to do my dreaded spark plugs and COP's. The 04-08 F-150's have a two piece spark plug design (flaw) and they break and are the biggest PITA so I need my 5.0 as back up.

Got some of the maintenance done this past weekend like oil change, brakes, coolant flush, etc.
IMG_1938.JPG
IMG_1940.JPG

Reactions: 4 users
I am injecting mine based on tps and rpm.

When I'm in wot (90% tps or greater) and above 3500rpm I want the meth to kick on. The only purpose is to lower intake temps.

Trust me with pd blowers the intake temps can get crazy high quickly. On a 90* day 9psi makes 180*+ intake temps. The general rule is 10* per psi temp rise. On a hot day I saw 220* intake temps at 12psi.
I immediately installed a fmic

With that 5.4 motor it really helps to run an intake cleaner through it before pulling the plugs. It helps to break up any carbon on the tips. Turn just a little at a time, back and forth, and they'll come out ( usually ) without a problem. Those things are a PITA.

That car is amazing man. You guys are really keeping me motivated with all these pictures.

With that 5.4 motor it really helps to run an intake cleaner through it before pulling the plugs. It helps to break up any carbon on the tips. Turn just a little at a time, back and forth, and they'll come out ( usually ) without a problem. Those things are a PITA.

That car is amazing man. You guys are really keeping me motivated with all these pictures.
Thanks bro, I have the Lisle tool waiting around for the inevitable to happen ;)

Hmmm....

I think it will make 350tq 300hp

Also be sure to get a datalog of the event. I wanna we it.
I'll get some data from it. It's going to be a tuning session as well so I can get WOT and timing dialed in the best. I rarely get to drive in my car alone and when I do there is not enough road to get to WOT and just let it eat. These 3.73 gears aren't helping me either when I do actually romp on the gas and the boost hits I already have to shift! I'm not sure what gears would be best, probably the dang 3.27's that I had removed and replaced with these 3.73's. If I was still NA, the 3.73's would be perfect IMO.

Yup. I went all the way down to a 3.08 for this reason.

Good luck:nice:

Be careful with the timing until you have a way to control the intake temps. I would pull .75-1* timing per psi until you get the meth installed.

So at 10psi you would want to be between 18*- 24*...... 24* being close to the danger zone without meth/intercooling.
(This is for street driven 91 pump gas cars, will allow some cushion for bad gas)