Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

Yup. I went all the way down to a 3.08 for this reason.

Good luck:nice:

Be careful with the timing until you have a way to control the intake temps. I would pull .75-1* timing per psi until you get the meth installed.

So at 10psi you would want to be between 18*- 24*...... 24* being close to the danger zone without meth/intercooling.
(This is for street driven 91 pump gas cars, will allow some cushion for bad gas)
I'll check out the speed/rpm calculators and make my mind up from there. I do 99% back road driving and rarely hit 5th gear. I'd like to be in 4th gear at 45 mph when cruising since most of my speed limits are either 35 or 45 mph. Other highways will be 60mph at the most. Maybe this winter I'll remove my center section and have a new ring and pinion installed. Meth injection will be shortly after I return from San Diego in July.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I'll take a guess...317rwhp and 363 rwtq because I like round numbers lol. I'd love to get a ride in one of these pd blown cars. I've been in a t trim car and a 76mm turbo (both had built motors 331-347's).

I agree on the gears also fwiw

I'll check out the speed/rpm calculators and make my mind up from there. I do 99% back road driving and rarely hit 5th gear. I'd like to be in 4th gear at 45 mph when cruising since most of my speed limits are either 35 or 45 mph. Other highways will be 60mph at the most. Maybe this winter I'll remove my center section and have a new ring and pinion installed. Meth injection will be shortly after I return from San Diego in July.
I have no idea what I'm going to do for gears. I'm at 2k rpms at 70 with an auto now. I really don't want to be higher than that but I won't be doing a ton of highway driving either. I was thinking 3:27 or 3:55 after that conversation we had of 4:10s being too much on a street supercharged car.

IMG_1985.JPG
Father's Day cruise in the 5.0 to a car show. Beautiful day today. Happy Fathers Fay to all, especially to those that may be full time single dads :nice:

Reactions: 4 users
You have some cute kids. As upsetting as I assume your divorce/etc is/was, happy for you to be able spend all the quality time with your children. You have some cute kids.

The car looks awesome also. Congratulations on all of it.

It was a fun day at the dyno, from some fine tuning the car picked up over 100hp from the tunig session. Needless to say the car left Holland Performance driving completely different on the big end. Dynojet numbers report 364 rwhp and this was after we pulled timing. Top number was 380rwhp at 11 psi but then he pulled 3* of timing to be safe. Tq and HP were pretty much equal for whatever reason. The guy said these numbers are typical inflated dynojet numbers, lol.
IMG_2028.JPG

Reactions: 5 users
Nice job man ,I bet she's a beast :nice:
It is!

I can also tell you from yesterdays drive after the dyno, the guy drove my car like he frickin stole it and there is ZERO wheel hop with my IRS

The guy that tuned my car is Trevor Holland, he was on an episode of Street Outlaws a couple seasons back spanking a lot of big block race cars with his 4 cyl Eclipse. That DSM is an impressive car.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMJQXELRsZk

Reactions: 2 users
Wanted to drive the car one last time before I hit the road on vacation and this is what I found when I walked in to the garage to leave :(

IMG_2031.JPG
IMG_2032.JPG

Car puked coolant, lots of it. Not sure where it's coming from but it may be the WP, not sure. This happened after a short drive yesterday and the car drove fine and didn't get hot. I leave early tomorrow morning with my kids on a 1,500 mile drive down to San Diego. Won't be back for a couple weeks and this will be on my mind unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 user