• Sponsors (?)

What do you guys think would cause this issue...
Cold start fires fine, hot start, ive gotta hold it WOT like I'm clearing a flood. Once it fires it blows a poof of black straight up then it's a nice clear haze.(remember, I have a hood exit so I can see into the exhaust).

Does that sound like I should turn down the pulse width at startup vs what my ECT sensor says?

Yeah, ill just bypass it tomorrow,
I also had a rubber elbow on my cold side collapsing every time I hit the throttle. I should've videoed that thing.
And is it common for air to whistle pretty loudly by the throttle blade?
What do you think about VR1 20-50 non synthetic?

@a91what
So I'm at an end for the day, afrs still need work higher in the load range, but she cruises fine, idles good. And shoots flames out of the hood ;)
I may leave it as is until I get it dyno tuned.
I think I need to change plug wires though, I'm having a slight stumble around 3-3.5k rpm.
Has new plugs, and a good distributor, and screamin demon coil. I'll do wires tomorrow sometime.

How is the weather where you are?
One minute is sunny next it's piss pouring cats and dogs, then back to hot and humid. All day for the past 4 days.

About an hour north of Nashville in Ft campbell, KY.

Even as hot as it is, when I was driving around street tuning, over a 50 mile span, it never went over 200. I'm also running a 192* thermostat. Also running VR1 20-50 since it's so hot out. I think it helps, but I really want to get a oil cooler with a thermostat to really be able to control all the fluid temps.

Also do you know own anything about making a trans cooler for manual?

I won't own a car that won't make it on a 1000 mile one way trip, so I like to keep everything in check.

Copper plug gapped at 30 depends on the heads but I like 2 steps colder than stock. Above 10psi

Would you mind posting some good timing tables that might be useful for me?
I drove the car 60 miles to get tuned, but the tuner said he wasn't comfortable tuning using the pro-m system because he has never seen/used it.

I've been doing some light street tuning and the car runs awesome for the most part, 14.2-14.7 at idle, and 14.7-15.3 at cruse and under light load. (A few long steep grades helped dial fuel in tighter.)

but I think my timing table could be improved. Around 3-3.5k I still have a little stumble but once I pass the hicup at WOT, it hunkers down and pulls hard.

I also think you were right that, a little more timing would help out at cruise I think, might make it a little snappier.

My tables may not make any sense to you, I tune mainly speed density.

I will say that in light load conditions 30-40* would not be out of the question. In deceleration I run a lot of timing.

Keep timing transitions nice and smooth is very important, especially going into wot.

Last edited:
My tables may not make any sense to you, I tune mainly speed density.

I will say that in light load conditions 30-40* would not be out of the question. In deceleration I run a lot of timing.

Keep timing transitions nice and smooth is very important, especially going into wot.

Alright, I'll write another table tomorrow and post it to get your input on it.

Hopefully I can manage to tune this thing myself, I just don't want to grenade this one

Well guys she's tuned!
Made 528hp/481tq on 12psi!
On just wastegate pressure it made 476hp!
Pretty good power curve as well!

Only downfall, my trans took a dump on the dyno, so hopefully my tko will be here mondat that I ordered from LMR.

20170802_204358.jpg

Reactions: 2 users