My car has been through hell!! Warranty work records!

astronut1885

Founding Member
Jan 31, 2002
Assonet, MA
Wow. That's all I can say. I just got my 30k mile 04 GT about a month ago, and I've been giving it all the TLC it deserves, along with the upgrades in my siggy. Well, today I was at Fall River Ford asking about a rough starting condition I've been battling, and the tech guy pulled up the manufacturer's warranty information, including all work done on the car by the previous owner under that warranty. All I could say is "Oh my God!" The dealer that sold me the car told me none of this. I've had no problems other than the starting issue, which I think I fixed today by cleaning the IAC and replacing the sparkplugs. Here's what my sheets say (customer comments and tech info):

5/21/04-miles: 3306
C:"cust states applied brakes really hard and locked up vehicle and engine and now can smell a clutch type burning smell"
T:"check for smell clutch burning smell roar test and check cable adjustment and cable also check throwout bearing"

5/21/04- miles: 3306
C:"cust states that when at a standstill and turning steering wheel from side to side vehicle's wheels will make a squeaking"
T:"check for noise while turning standing still check struts check tie rods check sway bar and links check balljoints"

5/21/04- miles: 3306
C: "cust states that vehicle's pass side seatbelt holder is broken"
T:"inspected and verified and sent picture over to DI for auth... told not necessary for DI auth...removed and replaced and tested ok."

8/20/04- miles: 6508
C: "check for vehicle stalling out sop air by pass valve."
T: "installed sop IAC (op code 12350D3 0.2 hrs)"

10/21/04- miles: 7894
C: "cust states that veh was running fine in morning stopped and shut veh down 5-10 mins got back in veh drive couple of..." (report is cut off here)
T: "Test drive only in the parking lot the trans was grinding and locked up. I had to jack up the vehicle and push it in. Installed a new clutch disc, pressure plate, pilot bearing, throwout bearing, and transmission." :eek:

10/21/04- miles: 7894
C: "cust states that vehicle has a bad vibration throughout the vehicle while driving"
T: "verified vibration at idle and while driving. I determined it was not a driveability issue or running I loosened up the engine mounts, exhaust, and crossmember. I tried to neutralize the engine." :scratch:

4/7/05- miles: 11642
C: "customer states was driving vehicle and vehicle just died and engine turned over slowly check and advise"
T: "Cust states while driving engine stalled and made noise and wouldn't turn over verified concern with vehicle seized up so I removed engine from vehicle evac A the top off the pistons called hotline ok D an engine and also to replace intake manifold so I replaced intake, swapped over components from one engine to other installed into vehicle refill coolant, recharge A/C, check or add oil start vehicle ck for an..." (report cuts off)... WHAT THE HECK DOES SOME OF THIS MEAN, LIKE "EVAC A THE TOP OFF THE PISTONS..." I can't believe the guy blew the motor, but atleast I have 10k less on my motor than I thought! :bang:

6/23/05- miles: 13541
C: "C S has to keep adding coolant to engine but has no signs of external leak"
T: "pressure test coolant system. no leaks. installed dye in coolant. recommend client to drive vehicle and bring back for reinspection. vehicle towed back for coolant lean and ticking noise from engine. unable to find any coolant leaking but verified that a ticking noise is heard at idle and unser a load checked for messages for ticking noises heard through valvetrain then called hotline (lawerence 5G..." (report cuts off here)

6/23/05- miles 13541
C: " C S getting howling noise from vehicle changes sound as vehicle speed changes"
T: "disassembled rear found no fluid. removed rear end and replaced all damaged parts. reassembled rear and road tested working to factory specs." WTF!! does this previous owner not believe in maintenance??? an engine, a tranny, and now a rear end? Can we change any fluids??? :stupid:

8/29/05- miles: 14731
C: "C S getting rattle from exhaust install sop"
T: " tech confirmed defect internally in cat converters replaced cat converter assy."

9/6/05- miles: 14927
C: "C S check engine light is on and it idles at 1500 RPM and the throttle got stuck"
T: "Tech performed diag found IAC valve defective replaced IAC valve, cleared fault code and road tested. vehicle now working to factory specs."

MOTHER OF GOD!!! I am going to the dealership that did the work tomorrow (Pride Ford, N. Attleboro, MA.) to get complete records of all this work. I just can't believe he did all this to the car. At best I know I have a new tranny, motor, H pipe, and god knows what else after I get the full records tomorrow. I just want to find this guy and : :chair:

• Sponsors (?)

Oh, and last month I had to have the fuel pump and filter replaced because they thought that was causing my starting issues. I wonder if my car is a lemon? lol. Either way, I'll make lemonade...sweet sweet forged and supercharged lemonade!

The dealer will not ever give you the full in depth Oasis report. The dealer will give you a summary one for consumers. The Ford techs here might give you the full one though...

Well, the original dealer I purhcased from (DeSantis Ford, Easton MA) never let on that this crap had gone on, even when I asked about past maintenance and issues. The Fall River Ford service guy saw me gawking at his screen and reading and offered to print me up the list. I called Pride while I was making this thread, told the guy I was the new owner and pretty anal about my car. He said to come up any time tomorrow and he'd give me everything he had on it, full detail, the works, so I can keep it all with my documentation. He said all the work orders are still in their computer.

on another note- Killy, they make silverstars for foglights too? do they have 'em for a GT? I just put in silverstar Ultras in the headlights and like 'em much.

Well, the original dealer I purhcased from (DeSantis Ford, Easton MA) never let on that this crap had gone on, even when I asked about past maintenance and issues. The Fall River Ford service guy saw me gawking at his screen and reading and offered to print me up the list. I called Pride while I was making this thread, told the guy I was the new owner and pretty anal about my car. He said to come up any time tomorrow and he'd give me everything he had on it, full detail, the works, so I can keep it all with my documentation. He said all the work orders are still in their computer.

on another note- Killy, they make silverstars for foglights too? do they have 'em for a GT? I just put in silverstar Ultras in the headlights and like 'em much.
GT Fogs are SilverStar model 893

I found 'em at autozone.com. Well, there goes another $20.00. Interesting looking bulbs though, they look like headlight pieces. I'm used to oldschool 87 GT fogs with bulbs that look like they are for a dome light. Atleast now my fogs will match my headlights and I'll have no more yellow lights.

I found 'em at autozone.com. Well, there goes another $20.00. Interesting looking bulbs though, they look like headlight pieces. I'm used to oldschool 87 GT fogs with bulbs that look like they are for a dome light. Atleast now my fogs will match my headlights and I'll have no more yellow lights.
The fogs on a GT use a dome light style bulb: 893

The Cobra uses a headlight style: 9145ST

There is a small chance I am mistaken and the GT SilverStar is: 899 I cannot remember for sure... Its either 893 or 899.

Wow some of that is crazy. I can undertand why they got rid of the car...How the hell could they have opened up the rear end and not found any fluid!? I dont think thats got anything to do with the previous owner not maintaining it, not at 13000 miles anyway. Hopefully some of those problems were related to the old owner and you didnt get a lemon.

There is a small chance I am mistaken and the GT SilverStar is: 899 I cannot remember for sure... Its either 893 or 899.

Silverstars are 893ST's

They aren't that good in my opinion. I have a full set of silverstars on my car (headlights, foglights, side marker lights) and am not happy with the fogs.

My friend bought some ricer-type bulbs a week ago that i liked. Stock wattage but pretty damn white. I bought some headlight and foglight bulbs. Should be here tomorrow and i'll do a comparison between them and the silverstars.

I noticed a slight improvement with the silverstar ultras, nothing like they show on the commercials, but it's better.

Killy--I was looking at the picture on autozone, odds are it was the wrong picture listed by them. It looked like a headlight bulb, but it was probably a cobra light or something. definitely not like a dome light bulb. I was wondering how it fit inside my little lights lol.

Black02- I had a rearend blow a ring gear tooth through the cover and lose all it's fluid in minutes on my 87 on the highway. If it (my '04) sprung some kind of leak, that diff fluid is pretty viscous at high temp and will leak out quickly. I just wish the guy would have had 3.73s thrown in it while he was at it.

5l5- it's time I asked...who is the babe in the avatar?

streetstang-- here's what's gonna happen lol. 6psi FRPP blower, methanol injection, lightning MAF, SCT tune, Focus fuel pump, 42# injectors, Steeda Tri-ax, 3.73s, chassis stiffening, bilsteins, Baer brakes, 18x 9/10 FR500s, steeda wing, steeda hood, steeda side exhaust, Razzi side skirts, catted prochamber, shorty headers. When the motor breaks, I get a forged setup and go to 9 psi on the blower. When the tranny breaks, I get a T56 viper spec and never worry again. Nothing he had issues with isn't going to get replaced by me over time anyway, so I'm not worried. Just as long as it lasts a while... I just graduated from Nursing school sunday, so this time next year, I won't worry at all lol. My motto has always been: If it breaks, buy an upgrade!

That's my view of it. new tranny, clutch, flywheel, bearing, motor, intake, rear end...no problems on my end except the sluggish starting here and there, but that's something I'm working toward solving. basically my 30k mustang is really a 20k mustang haha.

hmm, here's a question- do our cars have vin numbers on the motors anywhere? I wonder if mine is no longer a numbers matching car because of the swap they did, or if they can somehow change the plates over. Also, what's this Romeo vs. Windsor motor or something like that on our cars, and how do I know?